Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike cleaning products!
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

Im looking at buying some cleaning products for my bike and was looking at branded bike cleaning stuff.It all seems a bit of a rip off to me for what it is and i was wondering if there was any cheaper products i could use or household items to get a great finish on my bike.cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

toppers3933
    Free Member

massive bottle of halfords/tesco/asda cheapest car wash. wont cost much and will probably out last the bike. cheap bucket and a sponge and job done. if you want to push the boat out get some soft bristle brushes too. Muc off and such likes are useful but not strictly necessary.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannymite1981
    Free Member

cheers,also is it ok to pressure wash a bike if you stay away from the bearings.

toppers3933
    Free Member

i wouldn’t. but its up to you. you will force crap up the cables and allsorts. mains water pressure is fine. the problem is that most of the crud will accumulate around the bearings and the temptation is too much to resist.

maccruiskeen

What do you use the butter for? 🙂

For me – wait til its dry and brush mud off with the brush from a dust pan and brush. Then if i want it to be cleaner than that use the same brush and a bucket of water.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve used cheap washing up liquid for years, just make sure you rinse well and oil.

Good at shifting grease.

For mud a soft brush with long bristles and a hose. Standard spray nozzle with mains pressure is good enough. I find that a decent selection of brushes to physically remove the mud is better than and cleaning agent. Just spray a bit of washing up liquid (in a plant sprayer) on the chain and cassette.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike cleaning products!’ is closed to new replies.