Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Bike chained to railing
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

So…. Some scrote has chained their bike to the railing outside my house. It’s a half decebt trak hybrid.

Its been there a week and we’re a bit pissed about it. Partly as no permission was asked and also as it advertises that we have bikes. Plus if it was only overnight (it arrived when our neighbours had a late night party) we’d be happy

Do I cut it off or leave it there even though its blocking part of the pathway.

scaredypants

it’ll be cynic_al

mrsfry
    Free Member

Cut and dump it at the police station.

PS

I mean cut the lock and not the bike…..

Moses

Ask your neighbours if they know the owner. If not, cut it off.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I assume they ignored the signs ?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted to cut the frame and leave the lock intact

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Get a grip, leave it alone. Put a passive aggressive note on it if you must.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Id just put your own lock on it too..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Do i need permission to park my car on the steet outside yours too ?

chip
    Free Member

Ask you neighbour if they know as some poor sod could be sat at home thinking he had had a good weekend but can’t remember where he left his bike.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Trail rat – no you don’t. If you knew where we live you’ll understand why chaining a bike to our railing is a little weird

singlespeedstu

I’d throw myself off the severn bridge if i had all that shit to deal with.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh its one of those areas.

Best get the home owners association onto it.

JoeG
    Free Member

Remove and scrap the railing with the bike still attached. That will show them! 😈

project
    Free Member

You have railings, how working class most of us middle classes have either walls or hedges

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Shit, I thought this was a forum for upper middle class **** who had swapped golf for mountain biking. Sorry – posted it in the wrong place 😉

matt_outandabout

You have railings, how working class most of us middle classes have either walls or hedges

Gravel straight off pavement, dahlings.

breadcrumb

If you knew where we live you’ll understand why chaining a bike to our railing is a little weird

Downing Street or Buckingham Palace?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you still live where you use to then they have no right to lock it to your railings plus the paths are narrow enough around there crazy.Cut the lock and take bike to police station.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do i need permission to park my car on the steet outside yours too ?

Are you fine with random people parking in your driveway?

Anyway I’d have a word with the neighbour.

scaredypants

Gravel straight off pavement, dahlings.

Dear god, imagine living in a place with pavement

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Dobiejessmo, Yep, still there.

Would talk to the neighbour but they’ve gone away for Christmas. Won’t see them now until January

eshershore
    Free Member

I used to work for a really sh*t shop in Kensington High Street, London called Cyclopedia – unsurprisingly it went bust

the owner (a rather unpleasant man) would cut the locks of bicycles left on railings next to the shop, and replace said lock with a cable tie. Bike would normally be gone within the hour due to local bike thieves

owner would deny all knowledge of this activity.

he also did this for customers who had left their bikes in our workshop for more than 3 months, and failed to answer phonecalls or emails asking them to collect their bike. bike would be cable tied to railings outside shop and also gone within the hour. customer would be told that bike had been sold to recover “storage fees”

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Lol, my wife has just said,totally unprompted, that if the bike isnt gone by Sunday night she’s selling it.

Seems I’m not the only one who’s peed off by it

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A middle aged dude who obviously likes a drink or two regularly chains he bike up outside our house, I tend to not get bothered, as its one of those things that come with living 30 metres from the Main Street in town. I’ve actually had to stop myself nipping out and lubing the chain and moving the brake levers away from their 12 o’clock position.

Chill.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve actually had to stop myself nipping out and lubing the chain and moving the brake levers away from their 12 o’clock position.

We turned a house bedsit last week for drugs. The lad had the handlebars on his bike on the wrong way round – 180 degrees on a horizontal plane so front brake lever on left facing backwards. I offered to sort it out for him, and would have, but judging by his response he either liked them that way round or thought I was taking the piss 🙂

iainc

Do you own the railings ?

mrmo
    Free Member

Do you own the railings ?

Be very surprised if bush doesn’t, they are the railings that separate the small front yard from the VERY narrow pavement, it’s a traditional victorian terrace.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve actually had to stop myself nipping out and lubing removing the chain and moving the brake levers away from their 12 o’clock position round to the “euro” setup.

😈

mrsfry
    Free Member

OP has a right to remove stuff that is on his property.Cut the lock tonight and leave it propped against a lamppost.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yep, railings belong to me / the house

I did release the Qr on the front wheel last Monday but a pang of guilt made me put it back to how it was.

The amount of bike theft round here I’m truly surprised its not been nicked yet

sirromj

If you knew where we live you’ll understand why chaining a bike to our railing is a little weird

Downing Street or Buckingham Palace? [/quote]

Or gorilla cage at London Zoo?

fd3chris
    Free Member

If it’s just the location bothering you then cut the lock and leave it in next doors back garden. Bloody rude to chain a bike there by the sounds of it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jesus wept. Supposedly a cycling forum…now a bedwetters and curtain twitchers one.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Definitely unacceptable. Especially if you live in a 3rd floor flat and they’re your balcony railings.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Railings?

Pah! No one can chain a bike to a ha-ha!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How is this affecting you? Why is it upsetting?.

I used to live in a new estate, was full of people like the OP that thought they owned the place.

I lasted 7 months.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“,Do i need permission to park my car on the steet outside yours too ?

Are you fine with random people parking in your driveway?”

Ah seems i was not privvy to the fact its on the inside of the railings ergo in his garden.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Are their tyres/valves in line? If not, angle grind that mother hubbard.

Xylene
    Free Member

If they chain is on your side of the fence you could charge the owner rent.

Clamp the chain.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Bike chained to railing’ is closed to new replies.