Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike build question
  • monotokpoint
    Free Member

Just in last stages of a bike build, and having put the wheels and saddle on, I think it may be an inch or so too big. Bugger!
    It's a medium frame (18") which is normally fine. However, I've got 2.4 Nobby Nics on and they seem huge. Question is…do you think 2.1's or 2.25's would be any smaller and give me back a little extra clearance? Or have I wasted my money?!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

tread height may be the same, you wont loose an inch with smaller tyres, you may loose 1/2 cm or so if your lucky but I doubt it

monotokpoint
    Free Member

thought as much

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'll give you £100 for it.

(what is it?)

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Cash? It's a Cube Fritzz

LMT
    Free Member

At least im not the only one! ive done this with my build, i normally ride 15.5" to 17" frames so thought nothing about ordering a new 17" HT, now ive built the forks and added wheels, its oops a little bit big. Im not going to waste it as im sure is just the fact ive gone for bigger forks, so ive limited the travel by 15mm, took some spacers out, while the front end is a little high i doubt a smaller frame would change this.

Give it a ride, see how it feels, if its still too big then decide afterwards

monotokpoint
    Free Member

phew there are others! I think I'm going to go for the easier option of buying some platform heeled shoes

thomthumb
    Free Member

tyres dont make any difference to the length between BB and seat or the seat and stem – it will still be too big.

LMT
    Free Member

When your on the bike are other area's too big other than standover??

With mine the whole handlebar area feels perfect, the toptube length is spot on, the reach and everything is just right! i went for 140mm forks and thats what makes the bike feel bigger than what im used to, ive took the forks down to 125mm, still the front-end is very high but im hoping on the trails it will be fine.

Saying that im fairly short 5ft6ish so perhaps bigger travel isn't for me!

monotokpoint
    Free Member

All the other areas fit like a glove, its just the stand over. It doesn't touch, its just a bit close for comfort if I have to come off the saddle quickly. I think I will give for a decent ride and test it out. Fingers crossed!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike build question’ is closed to new replies.