Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • Bike brands you don't hear of anymore
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Independent Fabrications been mentioned?

Absolutely still going strong..

IndyFab

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fat Chance went off the radar until Chris revived it..

Fat Chance

surreyblue
    Free Member

Allsop softride. Very odd looking bike.

lank45
    Free Member

DDG bikes, only came to mind when a young lad rode past on a DDG Pusher today

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Orange.

Haven’t seen one of them up here in years.

nedrapier

Have we had Dekerf yet?

Dekerf are still definitely making bike and made some for Chromag recently.

Yup.

He announced he was jacking it in a few years ago and was inundated with orders from people who had one on their “one day” list. Apparently this display of affection enthusiasm for what he was doing gave him what he needed to carry on. And Chromag askedhim to build their Surface frames.

Interview here: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/interview-chris-dekerf-14624/

I’d like to know who this was:

I was very fortunate again to learn from a veteran British frame builder who had 30 years of experience under his belt. He was a bit of a ‘crotchety’ old man at times, but for some reason we tolerated each other and he taught me the good, the bad, and ugly of frame building – old school!

Any ideas?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Ballistic

Had a great frame years ago

sturdylad
    Free Member

I saw Axo mentioned way back on page 1, I wore my 80’s original Axo jersey last weekend at the FoD Mini Enduro, bet there weren’t many folk there who remembered the brand!
    Anyway, what about Zeronine, not sure they made it to MTB but were in BMX back in the day, think they just produce stickers these days!

Axo

angeldust
    Free Member

No one mentioned Univega yet? 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any ideas?

Chas Roberts, IIRC.

yoshimi

Question – as a kid looking at the mags I always got confused with MS Racing and Alpine Stars – did Alpine Stars take or MS Racing at some point, I remember the bikes being the same, or was is just the paint job?

nedrapier

Cheers CFH, I gave my Dekerf frame to him to sort after I ovalized the headtube; I didn’t know there was a connection.

Viewing 12 posts - 161 through 172 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Bike brands you don't hear of anymore’ is closed to new replies.