Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike brands which only sell direct: warranty experiences?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a new bike and Canyon are on my short list.
    Just wondered what the score is with warranty issues on these direct-sold brands?

Obviously is there’s a major frame problem the whole thing would go back, but what happens if you get smaller problems with components – can you return just the component?
    Don’t really want to end up have to post the whole bike to another country just to have something minor rectified.

Any experiences?

Cheers.

njee20
    Free Member

Friend had issues with forks on a Canyon, swiftly resolved (by TF Tuned in his case), he seemed happy.

Legoman
    Free Member

njee – so he sent the forks to TF, rather than back to Canyon? Who picked up the tab?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Bird sorted me out straight away with a wheel that broke and brake discs that weren’t 100% compatible with the calipers, so I can say there’s no concerns with them. And for stuff you can’t do yourself, or I guess don’t want to, it’s done locally to you and they sort it.

Legoman
    Free Member

yeah, I’d have no worry with Bird, they seem like great guys and are just down the road from me. Can’t afford the Aeris in spec I want though!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not as good value as Canyon?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Sent my Maguras back, Canyon UK covered all postage, comms were great. Warranty repair did take a while but they went back to Magura in Germany so I guess that’d be the same with any bike manufacturer. So no probs with Canyon for me!

crazybaboon

Had a problem with my Fox forks on a Canyon 29er after a few weeks, rang Mojo and they sorted everything out, never even contacted Canyon.

billyboy
    Free Member

My Ti456 broke after 2 years and On One showed willing. They did send me back the wrong frame, but they did sort that reasonably quickly and were apologetic etc

eshershore
    Free Member

Canyon UK based in Kingston, Surrey?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike brands which only sell direct: warranty experiences?’ is closed to new replies.