Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike brands' 29er strategies are getting interesting
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

With Trek’s Slash pretty much declaring that – for them – aggro trail/enduro duties are exclusively 29″, Giant have yet to reverse their perhaps knee-jerk move to steer clear of 29. The most interesting bike development area currently seems to be in creating the perfect long travel, slack 29er. I think this wheel size will only keep getting more interesting.

Rorschach
    Free Member

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Not sure were you get the above from:

Slash is designed from the ground up to conquer the gnarliest trails and enduros, in a 27.5″-optimized package that makes this bike the undisputed king of the mountain.

Remedy 27.5 says the same

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not sure were you get the above from:

Slash is designed from the ground up to conquer the gnarliest enduros, in a 29″-optimized package that makes this bike the undisputed king of the mountain.
    Slash is built to dominate the most demanding mountain and ride with big 29″ wheels

(from the current Trek web page)

jekkyl

Slash is designed from the ground up

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cause they made a bike… Whereas others are doing it differently.

The most interesting bike development area currently seems to be in creating

A blindingly good range of bikes that suit many different riders and requirements. Great time to be riding bikes.

kimbers

I thought it was all about 650+ ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

People still ride wheels that small? Who knew?

NormalMan

kimbers – Member
    I thought it was all about 650+ ?

Keep up. It’s all about e-bike 29+ unicycles now. 😛

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Long travel 29ers are awesome, though you need some serious terrain and balls to push them to their limits.

When I got my bmc Trailfox coming from a trany scout I couldn’t believe how quickly it picked up speed.

May get a slash frame if they are a good deal come season’s end.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’ve a 29er Enduro and it’s the only push bike I’ve ridden where I start getting that motorcycle trackday ohh-****-this-is-too-fast dry mouth.

nasher
    Free Member

specialized had it right when they stuck with 26 and 29 (market forces changed their mind)….. everybody wanted 27.5, realised wasn’t all that.

Now it’s 29… 31 in 2018…..

But as a guide and who has a new bike each season, I will be riding my 2014 Enduro (with the 650b model shock shuttle) through the 2017 season and probably 2018 season.. I cannot think of a single bike that will replace it…

Northwind

I like BMC’s approach, which is more or less a deep sigh and a “You want a 650b bike? FINE. But don’t blame us when it turns out to be less good than our proper bikes.”

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think this wheel size will only keep getting more interesting

Your dark winter nights must just fly by.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike brands' 29er strategies are getting interesting’ is closed to new replies.