Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Box's and Stealth reverbs
  • robinlewis1983
    Free Member

HI,

I would love your advice and experience, I have just called up a shop to hire a bike box to fly my bike to the alps in a few weeks. I have a YT Capra so it is long and this worried me. I was tols that was ok but the bike would not fit in any bike box with it’s seat post still in.

I of course cannot take my stealth seat post off as I am not experienced enough to put it all back together,

Has anyone flown with a stealth seat post in the frame in a bike box? I find it hard to believe I HAVE to remove it.

Thank you

Rubber_Buccaneer

Medium G150 with reverb down in an EVOC bag no problem. If you are hiring a rigid box it will either fit or it won’t and you won’t know until you try. If your stealth routing pops out at the bottom of the seat tube can you drop the seatpost in the frame a bit being careful to ease the hose out so it doesn’t kink?

Hareydan
    Free Member

I took my (large) capra to the alps in a hired thule bike box last week, it was fine (apart from the weight, but that’s a different story!). I had to compress the reverb a bit to get it in but nothing broke.

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

What was the weight? Mine is also a large, Where did you hire from?

gary

Rocky Mountain Instinct in an EVOC bag – I just compress the post.

If necessary I could undo the remote and slide enough hose back to pop the whole post out – I wouldn’t want to have to remove it, due to the amount of swearing involved in installing it. If you do that you would just need to take care to protect the hose from kinking/impact as above.

antares
    Free Member

I put my xl Solo in a bike box Alan box without taking the reverb out, just compressed it down

Hareydan
    Free Member

I hired the box from my lbs (Ralph Colmans in Taunton, just in case you’re local…), the box was around 16kg, which I didn’t realise, so the lot weighed in at 33 point something kilos. I had put in a fair bit of cardboard to pad it out so took that out and the knee pads and it came in at 31.6kg. That was for the large carbon fibre capra minus the pedals, so it might be worth checking the weight before you get to the front of the check in queue… 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Box's and Stealth reverbs’ is closed to new replies.