Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bike box Alan…should I be worried
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

So, hired a bike box from bike box Alan for delivery today, to be taken to the Alps tomorrow. Called a few weeks ago to confirm booking as no confirmation email sent, waited in most of today, it’s now nearly 3pm,
    Panicking a bit, called them but no reply, messages left for tracking number for delivery, nothing heard.
    So called my LBS to see if they had a cardboard bike box just in case…..

Anyone had issues with these guys before now…

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I hired from them a couple of years ago and they were quite relaxed think they are out quite often.

I never got a confirmation email either (I think) I did phone them and they gave me some details on the phone had problems with returns with the courier but not their fault courier was a numpty.

Hope you get it or got it by now.

All the best

khani
    Free Member

They’re probably in A and E having crapped a hedgehog..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Errr it didn’t go too well..

Think his thread got pulled… As might this one

khani
    Free Member

To be fair to the OP, I’d be miffed as well if I’d ordered it in good time and it went pear shaped the day before the holiday..

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Managed to finally speak to someone, it will not be here today as they messed up delivery dates. They have offered a refund and I have been running around trying to source a bike box. What a bunch of Muppets. Thing is, if someone could have been bothered to answer the phone today(before 4pm) I could have got it sorted sooner… Well thank you so very much….idiots.

geoffj

I
    B
    T
    L

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

No experience with the company.. but their name always made me laugh.

Alan.

Chortle.

bencooper
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPepCVepCg&sns=em[/video]

iain1775
    Free Member

Where abouts are you OP?
    I’ve a bike box in my loft you can have if anywhere near Derby

Mantastic
    Free Member

Bike box Alan if you read this thread – I am out, will look elsewhere for a box.

havinalaff
    Free Member

where are you I’ve got a bike bag in the loft if near shropshire.
    Rich
    havinalaff at hotmail dot com

IHN

I’ve got a bike bag you can borrow and tonnes of cardboard to pack it out with (served me taking my 456 on a plane to the Alps). I’m in Whaley Bridge

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Thank you, thank you for the offers guys, that was very very nice of you…managed to sort a box from my LBS, all packed now.

Shall concentrate on deciding which tyres for Alps now 😆

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ok, just an update, it gets better….. Get back from the Alps yesterday, checked my emails to find that they have refunded me and that they tried to deliver said box on the 26th at 9am, but no one was in so it’s been signed for by someone called”Roberts” . No adress, no delivery info, nothing..so bike box Alan now want the box back, but no one knows where it is. Except maybe the delivery driver….oh, and I was in at 9am on the 26th, as I was packing…ffs..

stevied
    Free Member

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bike box Alan…should I be worried’ is closed to new replies.