Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike boot sale in Walking bottom car park??
  • proflexforever
    Free Member

Hey peoples

i thought i would run something by you all to see what you think..

I had a dream about having a mini carboot sale style afair in the walking bottom carpark up in Peaslake..

ive got Shed loads of bike spares..saddles..bars..tyres..mechs…wheels..etc.etc..

with royal mail the way they are at the moment i figure its a nice way to help some guys out and make me some Dollar…

questions…
    A. Is it illegal?
    B. Will anyone complain?
    C. Do you think its worth it?

Bring on the abuse. 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

Hurtwood

You should check with the Hurtwood first. It’s private land, with access granted to the public to enjoy the open air.
    I suspect they’ll take a dim view of their land being used for commercial purposes, but you never know.

proflexforever
    Free Member

Yeah hats what i figured….i wondered if they would go for it if its more of an organised event…so loads of people could come down….everyone donates £5 for the privilege?i reckon they would make some money

jambalaya
    Free Member

Walking Bottom is usually full, I doubt they’d want to encourage even more people there.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

It is a good idea though, I am game to try and make this happen. Plenty of car boot sales go on without anyone complaining so if you could find someone who was interested in biking to host the sale and have a couple other things happening like coffee/food/bike stuff would be a pretty good day out surely?

nuke

It is a good idea though, I am game to try and make this happen.

+1 Lots of bits to sell myself.

…plus always need new bits 😀

waller
    Free Member

Steyning bike jumble I think is on the 17th August? Tables there are about £7 odd quid.

proflexforever
    Free Member

could be worth a punt….
    how much would people pay to do it, per table?
    £6?

I will email the hurtwood to see what they say..they can only say no i guess..
    will let you know what i find out
    cheeers

heihei

Worth a shot. I’ve got a boat-load to sell too. Might also be worth speaking to Howard at Pedal & Spoke.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike boot sale in Walking bottom car park??’ is closed to new replies.