Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Bike or bike bits that should have been buried at birth
  • finbar
    Free Member

You should be more embarrassed by the tyres, though they’re a worthy addition to this thread in themselves

Wildgrippers were a good tyre, as were lots of the other things in this thread relative to what else was available at the time. When Indys and Judys first came out Marzocchi hadn’t yet launched the Bomber if I recall correctly.

This, on the other hand, was a lousy solution to a problem that didn’t exist:

Just to annoy davidtaylforth, feast your eyes on my 9-44t cassette

philwarren11
    Free Member

PF30 bottom brackets.

mindmap3
    Free Member

When Indys and Judys first came out Marzocchi hadn’t yet launched the Bomber if I recall correctly.

The Indy was released in 1997, so the Bomber was around by this time. The Judy pre-dated the Bomber by a couple of years – they were still rubbish though with plastic cop caps.

antigee

today’s tiny item of annoyance:

so do they actually serve a purpose? and how long do I look on the garage floor before going to look in the “odd” bits box?

Edit for people from this century its part of a quick release

trail_rat
    Free Member

if you have ever done service at a road race youll appreciate the frustration at weight saving roadies who remove em.

asshats.

But other than keeping your skewar central for easy wheel insertation they do nothing.

For quick wheel changes they make life SOOOO much quicker.

antigee

For quick wheel changes they make life SOOOO much quicker.

well it was a security skewer on my rat bike not much speed there – removed completely so could replace the balls and grease – a 5 minute job – compare that with the stress of hammering out sealed bearings

trail_rat
    Free Member

removed completely so could replace the balls and grease – a 5 minute job – compare that with the stress of hammering out sealed bearings

was this supposed to be an ironic statement ?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Someone put a picture of my old XTR shifter brake combos that I still have on my bike which I love…the best shifters and brakes I have had on a bike even if they were separate. But making them into one unti is a great idea. After all its only the same idea as the Shimano road bike levers and brakes..Grip shift now I would agree that is a sack of shit and should have stayed on a Raleigh Grifter with three gears not 8-9 speed of adjustment!

Saccades
    Free Member

Aren’t they the flappy paddle shifters? brake and shift with the same lever?

chestrockwell

Anything with a ‘unified rear triangle’

Misses the point of being buried at birth as at the time URT had a purpose at did it’s job well.

RS Indy’s were awful. The Judy’s were only marginally better.

Again, when launched the Judy was hailed as the best fork about. Granted, later versions were mince though.

Rich_s

Tioga Psycho II’s. Terrifying front tyre.

withersea
    Free Member

The ‘free’ allen key sets provided with any MTB magazine.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Bike or bike bits that should have been buried at birth’ is closed to new replies.