Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bike better looked after than car
  • daznal
    Free Member

Getting the bike out of the garage yesterday i noticed how clean and well maintained my bike was then noticed the car,unwashed not been hoovered out in month’s.Question is am i alone in my car neglect?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

+1 my cars shocking inside, usually from the mud from biking 😆 priorities all wrong so im told….

neninja
    Free Member

+1 here too

Not washed my car in months and can’t remember the last time it was vacuumed.

Bike gets pampered by comparison.

jam-bo

Never washed my car, probably never will.

Rarely wash my bike either tho

timmys

I more than double the value of my car when I strap my bike to it.

samuri
    Free Member

I never wash my car and only clean it inside when I give someone a lift and they comment on the amount of mud, dog hairs and rubbish in it.

Saying that, I only really maintain the moving parts of my bikes. Can’t see the point in knocking mud off the frame if it’s just going to get some more on it the next time I ride it.

I’m glad I have better things to do than polish things up.

alpin
    Free Member

don’t have a car.

LeeW

I gain absolutely no pleasure from driving, I love riding my bikes. The care and attention I pay to both reflects that.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Same here…the missus uses my car most of the time and is probably the untidiest woman in the entire universe, so my once pristine Alfa looks a tad lived in. My bikes are all spotlessly clean though.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Both the same for me I’m afraid
    I was always tought to look after my things from an early age.
    So both are well cared for .
    I pay a lot of money for both so want them to look nice …..not that they don’t get used and abused mind ……
    I just look after them .

takisawa2

unwashed not been hoovered out in month’s

You look after yours better than me & mine.

dadandlad
    Free Member

I more than double the value of my car when I strap my bike to it.

+1 😀

chiefgrooveguru

I think I washed my car in 2010…

kaesae
    Free Member

My car only gets the minimal of work done on it, servicing and the like.

My bikes all run perfectly infact I was just in the workshop tweeking one a ocuple of minutes ago 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not for me no.

I look after the cars and the bike, the bike gets cleaned after every ride, clearly that doesn’t happen with the car as it’s not being driven off road. Bike costs more to maintain as a percentage of purchase price than do the cars which require a service every 2 years.

gazc
    Free Member

car is definitely looked after less than the bikes, but then again its just a cheap means to an end as we’re not into fancy cars. our campervan however gets much more attention than all our bikes and the car put together! 😀

sunnrider
    Free Member

Spent all morning working on the bike. The car is parked somewhere on the street outside, not 100% sure where. It needs new wing mirror, oil change, new set tyres and a good clean…
    It can wait though, the bike needs new tires too 😉

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

When I buy a car that I drive offroad, that has a gearbox open to the elements. Then I’ll maintain it as much as my bike.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Mechanically my car gets looked after as well as the bike, but only because my dad takes care of the car!

Not sure when the last time I washed it was though…

chives
    Free Member

If I could clean / spanner the car in the comfort of the kitchen it might look as cared for as my bike, which is generally well sorted. As my better seven-eighths uses the car 99% of the time, I reckon she should clean it. I don’t ask her to clean my bike after all.. 😀

Irish_AL
    Free Member

my passenger’s foot well is sponsered by red bull 😕

stevenc
    Free Member

God yes. My bikes are all kept celan and in good working order. The car on the other hand, not so much.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bike better looked after than car’ is closed to new replies.