Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike based art – what say the hive mind?
  • maxray
    Free Member

I have been getting back into print making by was of an antidote to my day to day job coding.

I have been trying to get an angle to make enough money out of it to pay for the materials and print studio membership.

What are your thoughts on bike based art. If it something you would have on your wall or is your biking paraphernalia only in the shed/man cave?

I’m thinking fairly abstract designs, pieces of components maybe, that sort of thing.

So, oh stw ultra brain, what bike art would make it into your lounge?

🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Good art is good art. If it is good people will be happy to display it. If it’s crap your mum I’ll still display it.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I’m up for anything as long as it’s likeable and wont collapse at the first bash of a speeding kitty or collapse from the wait of a curious snake (i can’t have nice things in my home 🙁 )

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Good art is good art.

That’s about the long and short of it. I’ve looked for, and bought bike art stuff in the past, but good/interesting stuff that isnt just naff can be hard to find.

maxray
    Free Member

I will have a bit of an experiment and share some pics on here if I come up with something good!

My test piece for my induction was a bear with a gin n tonic. Sometimes you have to just Gin and Bear it 😉

maxray
    Free Member
    Kamakazie

Needs to be limited numbers IMO. I see some stuff I like but then the pattern is used on tonnes of items and becomes a bit generic. If pay extra for something I like where there is a high quality run of 50 or something.

I also like art that doesn’t scream a hobby, not just abstract but where you’d need to know the focus of the art to get the connection. I like riding but it’s not the focus of my life and I’d like that reflected in any art work.

I’m not sure that’s a common position though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike based art – what say the hive mind?’ is closed to new replies.