Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike bags: Dakine or Evoc??
  • Miguelo

In the market for a bike bag, any experience on these 2?

The Dakine is on sale at wiggle (180 pounds), the Evoc is 270 pounds at Evans.

It will be used mainly to travel to Spain with a XC hardtail.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Not used the Dakine bag, but the Evoc is brilliant. Very well thought out inside, quick and easy to pack and good protection.

Just about squeezes 29er wheels in the pouches with tyres slightly deflated.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

BrandX £70

Very good

Miguelo

Thanks to both…

When checking the BrandX I’ve seen the CRC one for £50 including wheel bags, quite tempted now

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Depends how often you want to use it and how much of the bike you want to dismantle when packing.
    If you are using it often then you will appreciate the better quality and better protected Evoc bag.

crikey
    Free Member

Bags = soft.

In my opinion, they don’t offer as much protection as a cardboard box with padding inside.

Popocatapetl

I’ve got an Evoc. had it two years now. Very tough. Got wheels. Stronger than a cardboard box! 😀
    it’s easy to pack and takes a 160 travel bike no problems. I always leave the rotors on as well and haven’t bent any yet. Extremely strong and durable, expensive, but worth it for long term regular use if flying to your destination.

carlphillips
    Free Member

what crikey says, box and polystyrene packing every time for me.
    on a trip to alps this year a mate had a evoc one i was very surprised how little protection it offered compared to the (free)cardboard one i had!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike bags: Dakine or Evoc??’ is closed to new replies.