Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bike appeared in garden over night.
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

Woke up this morning and there’s a perfectly functional Townsend ladies bike propped up against the inside of the back garden gate, the chain is off otherwise it looks new. It’s a high back wall and the bike is upright so I think they must have been in the garden.
    The only thing I can think of is that someone has nabbed it and stashed it to come and get later, the question is what do I do with it? I’ve spoken to the po po and they asked if we have a shed to put it in, yes but there are valuable items in the shed and in the garden so we just really don’t want anyone rummaging around. They said it’s really our call if we leave it or move it somewhere more secure or sling it out in the lane. Being a non-urgent matter they said it would probably be 48h before anyone could deal with it.

Any thoughts?

sv

Gumtree…

Harry_the_Spider

Polis

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    schrickvr6
    Free Member

Lol. Sorry Harry, po po = polizia.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Maybe they put the bike there while they were casing the shed and were disturbed.

Sandwich

How would you like someone to treat your stolen property on their land?

Do as you would be done by applies.

GrahamS

Innocent explanation: neighbour knows your a “bike guy” and thought you might like a bike to fix up?

parkesie
    Free Member

Local area face book group anyone missing a bike. See if anyone comes forward to claim it. Give it a fortnight then fix and donate to a charity.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Maybe fell off the back of a sleigh

shermer75
    Free Member

Good opportunity to go and have a chinwag with your neighbours. Could be that someone’s just fly tipped it. Weird though!

rhbrhb
    Free Member

n+1 fairy visit, a bit like the tooth fairy.

crazy-legs

Someone has nicked it and either been trying to ride off when the chain broke/came off or they got disturbed. Either way, they’ve slung the bike over the nearest wall and legged it.

The other option is that someone rode in, broke into your back garden intending to nick one of your bikes but again got disturbed and just ran off.

Common trick amongst bike thieves. Ride in on some heap of shit, allows you to tour a whole estate in a short space of time. Pick your target, nick a decent bike and ride off leaving the old one there.

It’d be worth upgrading your garden & shed security, they’ll probably be back.

therevokid
    Free Member

wot legs said ….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I don’t want to sling someone’s bike out but I don’t want to risk my gear for the sake of a cheapo Townsend. Should I leave it and hope if they come back they just grab the bike and go or bring it in the house and hope they peek over the wall, see it’s gone and bugger off? Or sling it in the lane…..

molgrips
    Free Member

Wire it up to the mains and leave it be.

Or cover it in security paint.

CountZero

Stick it in the shed, if they come back and have a shufti over the wall and see it’s gone, they’ll probably assume the police have been and taken it away.

shifter
    Free Member

Wait ’til they come back. Kill them.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bike appeared in garden over night.’ is closed to new replies.