Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike advice needed for a friend please
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Morning…
    Chap I know has just been given £500 for a new bike…. So what bike for a 6’3 chap? Was looking at the voodoo 29ers at halfords as they seem to get good reviews, what else is out there?
    Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member

If it is for tow-path blasting I suggest rigid forks. Evans’ Pinnacle Ramin One 2014 29er is £400

daftvader
    Free Member

No, he actually wants to start riding off road. I’ve suggested 2nd hand but he wasn’t sure about that….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

No, he actually wants to start riding off road. I’ve suggested 2nd hand but he wasn’t sure about that….

tell him again – he’ll get a much better bike that way though there’s a small risk of getting ripped off, of course

(or at least point him at a shop that sells old stock, like pauls or somebody)

daftvader
    Free Member

Already pointed out Paul cycles…. Will see if the classifieds can produce a stunner…

towzer

can I suggest you have a look at Pauls Cycles, Winstanleys/etc etc other discounters etc for a 1 – 2 year old new option, at his height he may get a bargain….

z1ppy

I reckon the Bizango is great for the money, especially if you buy on a 10% off day they regularly run. Though going from thread the fork can be viabl quailty, but Halford’s will replace if pushed. 2nd hand can bring a lot of bike (want my prophet?) but unless inspected well you potentially buying worn out kit, that gunna need replacing before you know it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike advice needed for a friend please’ is closed to new replies.