Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike advice for my sister inlaw please. Ebike content.
  • zippykona

My brother is going to get her a Haibike xduro hardlife sl for Christmas.
    She tried an electric fat bike in the Alps during the summer and preferred it to the full sus e bike that my brother had. She said it felt less likely to slide.
    Will she be disappointed it not a fatty?
    Anything better he should spend his money on?
    I have no idea about these things.

Review: UK’s First Haibike Ladies Electric Mountain Bike

5thElefant
    Free Member

Will she be disappointed it not a fatty?

Yes. Obvious solution… Get a fat one.

zippykona

I was thinking that as well but this is probably a nicer colour!

somafunk

In my opinion ebikes really benefit from using a larger tyre footprint to make the most of the power characteristics so if you can i’d advise him to at least give consideration to something with plus sized tyres as a compromise to full fat.

Denis99
    Free Member

Depending on how far she would want to ride, and how much battery assist is used, the 400w battery could be an issue.

I have a 400w battery and a 500w battery, using the more common Bosch system.

The Bosch motor is slightly more common than the Yamaha unit, but I’m sure the Yamaha unit is fine.

I get about 30 miles quite easily using the 400w battery, but use the lowest assist level for about 90% of the riding time.
    Using more assist than this will eat into the range.
    The current colder temperatures will also affect the range.

My advice would be to have a bike with a 500w battery.

Be aware though, that batteries are expensive, the Bosch battery (500w), is £700!

Can’t comment on the actual ebike, but I do have an e fat bike hardtail, wouldn’t want a normal hardtail as the e fat bike is slightly more comfortable, plus you don’t need to worry about the increased drag.

Haibike sell a e fat bike hardtail, or there is an offer on at present for my bike.

Have a search online for the Felt Lebowske, feel free to email me if needed.

I’m not connected in any way with the deal etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike advice for my sister inlaw please. Ebike content.’ is closed to new replies.