Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bike 24 Offer on Rock Shox Sektor RL Solo Air Maxle Fork 150mm white 2013
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

This seems like a good deal at £242 delivered?

Does anybody have any comment before I press order?

Thanks

Richard

honourablegeorge

I’d price it on Merlin first….

warpcow
    Free Member

Don’t be surprised if they take a few days to despatch, but I’ve never had any real problems with them otherwise.

peasant
    Free Member

Can you reduce the travel on those ?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks all,
    Merlin out of stock of most Rockshox at present and are expecting a large delivery of stuff end of week but they are not sure what is coming in.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Peasant
    Factory set of 150mm, the fork can be adjusted with the space kit to achieve 130/140/150mm travel.

hora
    Free Member

I looked at these recently- wait for the coil RL’s to come up- the air is the poor cousin.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

cheers mark

hora
    Free Member
    Entonox
    Free Member

I sold my Coil U-Turn Sektor RLs as I found them very divey. I had to run a lot of compression damping which I didn’t like. I tried both the medium and firm springs. And at £40 a pop they’re expensive to change.
    I replaced them with a pair of Sektor Solo Air TurnKey from Merlin (£215 and don’t forget the 3% TopCashback) which I much prefer – can’t beat it for the money really.

Don’t think I’d ever get a coil fork again. I can never dial them in to my liking due to the spring rates.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Steel steerer isn’t it?

steerer: steel
    crown: aluminium, forged
    stanchions: aluminium, 32mm
    casting (lowers): magnesium

Entonox
    Free Member

My steerer is aluminium.

granny_ring

I had the same as Entonox with the spring fitted. Sold them on. Air Revs now.
    My coil Pace forks are nice however.

campfreddie
    Free Member

there are two versions… one with the steel steerer (the one mentioned in this thread) and one identical fork with an alloy steerer which Bike24 are selling for approx £70 more.

seems to be weight difference of about 280g (claimed), so 25p per gram.

campfreddie
    Free Member

bikediscount.de seem to be offering the alloy steerer variant (but in QR rather than maxle) for £265, so that seems the better deal (if it’s correct)

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I’ve opted for one from my original post. I need a 15 or 20mm axle for my existing wheel sets and I have not found anything cheaper of similar spec so far.
    Richard

campfreddie
    Free Member

Merlin do the 2012 version with the maxle (20mm) and the alloy steerer for £225

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I looked at these recently- wait for the coil RL’s to come up- the air is the poor cousin.

Absolute crap.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve posted a few times about these, and on a thread quite recently, from Hora

* They are light
    * Stiff for their light weight
    * Smooth action
    * The damper knobs actually do something
    * A bit divey
    * IMO, they work better when knocked back to 130mmm with spacers and a bit more air

They are not cheap Revs. Don’t expect them to be.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

camp freddie can you show us the link to these, can’t see them on the Merlin site, much of the range seems oos at present?
    thanks
    richard

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Bought the sektors on Friday evening from bike 24, arrived via DHL this morning £244 delivered. It was the steel steerer version by the way.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bike 24 Offer on Rock Shox Sektor RL Solo Air Maxle Fork 150mm white 2013’ is closed to new replies.