Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Biggs goes free…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

!!!

nuke

Seems fair enough given he's now pretty much only receiving palliative care.

smiffkin

Released on compassionate grounds. Did he show any compassion for the poor train driver he beat to death? If he'd not escaped and lived the high life in Brazil he'd have served his time by now. He should have been left inside.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Did he show any compassion for the poor train driver he beat to death?

He didn't beat anyone to death.

But good for you for putting a petty criminal and the British justice system at precisely the same moral level.

If only more people would recognise the importance of a judicial system which behaves exactly like criminals.

duntmatter
    Free Member

He didn't beat anyone at all, in fact. Not even a little bit.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Yes, but he did that s**t single with the leftover Sex Pistols didnt he? Now THATS reason enough for him to have done such a long sentence.

kimbers

well hasnt paid taxes here for some time, probably ever but he comes back for nhs care

stuff him!

eldridge
    Free Member

He didn't beat anyone to death

and, sadly, no one will now be able to beat him to death

most of us on here are not criminals, have useful jobs, pay tax on our incomes and get shit treatment from the NHS

How come a piece of human landfill like Biggs can commit a major criminal offence, escape from jail, live for years off the proceeds of crime in a country with a lovely climate, pay no UK taxes whatsoever, and come back to the UK to receive superb levels of free medical care?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How come…….Biggs can commit a major criminal offence, escape from jail, live for years off the proceeds of crime in a country with a lovely climate

Slack prison security and poor boarder controls I suspect.

haddock
    Free Member

[/quote]He didn't beat anyone at all, in fact. Not even a little bit

Usual liberal bleatings!

They did beat someone to death! The train driver never recovered from being beaten over the head with an iron bar, sadly he just didn't die in time for the gang to be charged with murder – but in the real world it was.

That was just a normal man that went to work one morning and got killed for it. How would you feel if someone say… broke into your shed to steal your bike, then hit your beloved over the head with a hammer when they disturbed the robber – its no different – other than Biggs fled to Brazil, showed no remorse even when interviewed by the press, then swanned back to the UK for free medical care when it suited him and fully expected to be let off.

iDave
    Free Member

an individuals lack of humanity shouldn't prevent anyone else from displaying humanity

it should equally apply to all. which doesn't exclude punishment from the equation.

if he remains in a prison hospital bed, in what way is society benefiting?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They did beat someone to death! The train driver never recovered from being beaten over the head with an iron bar

Ronnie Biggs didn't hit anyone with an iron bar. The train driver died of leukaemia.

Yes Biggs was a criminal, but there's no reason to be slack with the facts. If you believe in 'justice' then I would suggest that 'truth' is rather an essential consideration.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Keeping very old, sick men in prison for the sake of it is inhumane and pointless.

Biggs is not important enough to make an exception for.

mt
    Free Member

If he is ill then some compassion should be shown, After all thats what a civilised society is suposed to do. Which newspaper do you think has signed him up for the exclusive.
    Do you think he'll get a funeral like Harry Patch when he finally goes? Ronny our brave boy? or will it be like a Kray funeral? A shameful load of idiotic criminal wannabe's trying to get on the telly.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Words escape me! As far as I am concerned he only came back to be looked after by the NHS. He deserves to finish his life in prison imho, he made his decisions and chose his path in life. All this liberal tree huggy crap makes my blood boil, I am not happy my tax money is paying for this lowlifes treatment.

zarquon
    Free Member

ah yes facts:

fact he committed a crime
    fact he escaped his sentence and spend a long time glorying in it and taking the piss
    fact if he had stayed in jail, he would've been out a long time ago and wouldn't be in this position

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

And the Sex Pistols thing – you all seem to be forgetting that.

momentum
    Free Member

Words escape me! As far as I am concerned he only came back to be looked after by the NHS. He deserves to finish his life in prison imho, he made his decisions and chose his path in life. All this liberal tree huggy crap makes my blood boil, I am not happy my tax money is paying for this lowlifes treatment.

So it would be better to pay for him to be kept in prison AND receive medical care from the NHS? Whose taxes will pay for that – little leprachauns?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

euthanasia suddenly looks like a promising idea!!

mtbfix

So it would be better to pay for him to be kept in prison AND receive medical care from the NHS? Whose taxes will pay for that – little prachauns?

He was being guarded in a hospital. His illness means that he will still be in hospital at our expense so why not carry on the sentence? Sometimes example have to be made. He did the crime so the time should follow.

He is being released because The Sun are behind Biggs to some extent (they flew him back here) and Jack Straw's boss can do well without any unnecessary heat from Murdoch's media machine.

ransos
    Free Member

He's served a total of roughly 10 years in prison, which is about right for the crime he committed. I see no point in keeping him in prison now – he's hardly a danger to society.

Olly
    Free Member

i was in the "let him out, hes only a robber" camp

but discussing on here how they beat the driver and he CLEARLY shows no remorse for it, and a total lack of respect for the system (flawed or not).
    he should die inside.

haddock
    Free Member

Bleatity, bleatity, bleat-bleat, what about the poor old criminal, bleat, bleat, bleat, he probably had a poor childhood, bleat, bleat,bleat….
    nuf said
    🙄

IHN

He didn't beat anyone to death.

But good for you for putting a petty criminal and the British justice system at precisely the same moral level.

If only more people would recognise the importance of a judicial system which behaves exactly like criminals.

Well said. It is after all (supposed to be) a justice system, not a revenge system.

And for the "my taxes are paying for this scumbags treatment on the NHS" complainers, at what point should a criminal offence render someone ineligible for NHS treatment? Speeding ticket? Petty theft? ABH? GBH?

Idiots.

haddock
    Free Member

at what point should a criminal offence render someone ineligible for NHS treatment?

Er.. at the point they chose to spend their life in Brazil?

bleat bleat

IHN

at the point they chose to spend thier life in Brazil?

Well, in that case, you don't have that many offenders to worry about, do you? Unless of course there are vast numbers of aging escapee cons living in Rio, all desperate to get back to Blighty to get there free winter flu jabs.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Keeping very old, sick men in prison for the sake of it is inhumane and pointless.

that's true, we should put them on turbo trainers connected to the national grid so they can spend their last couple of hours pedalling toward a terminal cardiac failure whilst at the same time contributing to reducing our carbon footprint. To make sure they pedal, if the cadence falls below 40, they get zapped by the grid, using the energy they themselves contributed.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

when your granny needs a hip replacment, or your child needs an operation and has to sit on a waiting list for months on end, take comfort from the fact that the NHS does provide excelent care for some people . . . .

haddock
    Free Member

IHN
    Yes your right, i'll just get my middle class labour MP to legalise crime and were sorted.

– after all, its not the criminals fault he is a criminal. It is society at large that have denied this person opportunity, having allowed this innocent child to grow into such a hardened criminal in their adult life – yes it is society that must be punished, the criminal just needs to be helped and assisted towards bettering their life.

You've convinced me – honestly you have, i'm a changed man

IHN

after all, its not the criminals fault he is a criminal. It is society at large that have denied this person opportunity, having allowed this innocent child to grow into such a hardened criminal in their adult life

Did I say anything remotely like that?

the criminal just needs to be helped and assisted towards bettering their life

Well, in this case, we're talking about easing his death. And I thought you all wanted him dead?

nickc

Letting him out of prison effectively means that the 3 guards currently watching an old man die in hospital can leave and go and do something more useful. It's not like he's going to go down the pub and do the conga whilst knocking back pints.

🙄

haddock
    Free Member

I'm not quoting you IHN, it just annoys me that a disproportional amount of resources are spent on 'help'. Any thought of punishment and retribution has gone completely out of the window.

This is a bit 'off the thread' but I had experience with this several years back.

My own mother being beaten to a pulp for no reason after walking past a house that was about to be burgled. To cut a long story short, the cops got them a few days later, a witness saw one of the group with a gun (this was dumped and never recovered though) the car they were in was stolen, a large amount of amphetamine was found and a little cocaine – they all got found guilty of GBH – sentence??

couple of years??

No, Bound over to keep the peace! despite a string of previous convictions and living from a life of crime, the use of a helicopter in the car chase that took place to nab them. Their crimes were all excusable. Poor disadvantaged background – being on drugs – they need help, basically, bleat, bleat.

The wool is being pulled completley over the eyes of the general public when it comes to the criminal justice system – you seem to only find out when you get involved or it decides to involve you. I deal with the cops a fair bit in my job now, and I know how utterly fed up they are. This liberal conditioning of society is very unhealthy when it comes to crime IMO. We need a punishment / rehabilitation system based on a offenders future actions, not their excuses.

mt
    Free Member

The stocks, Birching, Hard labour, tranportation and hanging. Whatever happened to the good old days.

taxi25
    Free Member

I think its worth noting that none of the other robber served any more than about 10yrs (Biggs has done that now). Buster edwards went on the run as well, and still got early release. It seems to me he's served any reasonable sentance. Those guards can move on to more important duties,other than watching an old man die.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I bet the officers on the bedwatch are peeved! Staff at HMP Norwich must've made a fortune out of him.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Haddock in relation to your comment .. most of that is from their defence barristers pleading "they have had such tough upbringings, 4 different care homes" yadda yadda yadda ….arrrghh makes my blood boil thinking about it and dont' want to it's Friday night!!

I was off the opinion that s** Biggs let him rot in jail, he took part in a heinous crime, he did a runner and escpaed prison only to return when he wanted health care so to lock him up until he died, since if he came back years ago he would've been freed by now and serves him right.

But thinking about it more, he is NO danger to society, we are already paying enough taxes towards his health care, why waste more money going towards keeping him in prison! we should spend that money on ensuring other prisoners are kept behind bars, whether it be rapists or murderers or whatever. Also to be honest if he was sentenced now 10 years (ish what he has served) would be more than he would get so what's the point. I'm still open to letting him rot and I'm not sure but I am swaying thinking he is clearly severely ill, it's not like he's pulling the wool over our eyes to go running down to his local pub and enjoy the high life until he dies.

Still can't believed The Sun paid to return him to the UK .. what a scummy newspaper .. blame them I say ;-0

DaveGr
    Free Member

He was a small time crook who had an even smaller role in the robbery. He lived the high life off the back of it, not paying any UK taxes etc. and then when he could no longer earn a living abroad and wanted free health care he came back here hoping to instantly be freed. We, the tax payer, should not pay a penny towards his care in jail or hospital. It's a sign of our "culture" that he takes up so much time on the news.

colnagokid

Im sure he's not enjoying his freedom, and the court made it clear that Biggs, his son or the Sun could not proffit from his freedom/death. Let the old bugger die, and forget about him

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Make 'The Sun' pay for his time back here, its the least the tossers can do.
    I also think a complete media blackout on him from now on would be nice, but little hope for either 🙁

What about the women that should of had the death sentence?

I'm ecstatic that instead of drug mules being worried about dieing for their gamble, they can rely on us taking care of her & her offspring for the rest of her life.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Biggs goes free…’ is closed to new replies.