Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Bigoted anti cycling mail article
  • doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Whilst i dont condone law breaking

The bigoted article and thebigoted discussion on the message board needs some balance

Anyone want to playoverthere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200280/Cyclists-How-thuggish-minority-Lycra-louts-terrorising-roads.html

Stoner
    Free Member

its far too lovely and sunny to get raised blood pressure.

Ill save clicking on this one for a rainy tuesday night if you dont mind.

anagallis_arvensis

Loving the names! That old lady wants to learn the green cross code!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s in the mail. Nuff said really.
    Plus she used to be one of Boris Johnson’s mistresses, so it’s probably just an attack by proxy on him.

brakes
    Free Member

you might forgive her for being angry that her mother was injured, but this kind of reporting is just plain lazy. she want laws against cyclists, I want laws against the Daily Mail.

There are rogues: Lycra louts whose intentions are as low as the meanest hit-men. In 2012, I had my handbag stolen by a gang of youths on bikes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Whilst i dont condone law breaking

You don’t condone hit and run by cyclists causing serious injuries to pedestrians ?

Well nor do I, can you imagine the sort of damage you’re likely to do to your bike ?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

So lets look at the facts. Petronella Wyatt is so physically incompetent and unco-ordinated that she is a liability to all around her when she gets on a bike.
    Her aged mother is so similarly reduced that she has managed to step out into the road in front of cyclists twice in one week.

Conclusion : the Wyatt women are a danger to the public health and should not be allowed out in public without being on romper reins held by a responsible adult.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

mrmo
    Free Member

Petronella Wyatt should be strung up. Momentary lapse my ****, Thieves should be strung up*.

*isn’t that the correct daily mail response?

samuri
    Free Member

Surely writing stuff for the daily mail is something we should all have a go at. It’s not like you have to provide accurate content or anything, just something that will get people complaining in their droves. Just for a laugh, lets see if someone can get the mail to publish an article which is pretty much identical to this, but is about white van drivers, or ice cream van drivers. Or disabled people driving about in cars, that’ll go down a storm.

trailmonkey

i’m off over there to join in.

i’m absolutely positive i can change a few minds.

mudshark
    Free Member

The 2 most negatively rated comments suggest old people should look before crossing the road; sounds sensible.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Don’t feed the trolls, and don’t click on their depressingly successful shite-filled websites

unklehomered
    Free Member

Too nice a day, I’m just gonna assume the internet is on this one and my presence is not required.

scaredypants

But the police have established, in conjunction with the Transport Research Laboratory, that half of all collisions between bicycles and cars are the fault of the cyclist.

That true ? – I’d be interested to read if so (anyone have a link ?)

Petronella, you wrote the same article in 2010, almost word for word, except your mum was hit in Regent St. Either she’s having an awful run of luck, or you’re making this up

😳

aa
    Free Member

to be fair, i do feel sorry for the pensioner who gets hit twice a month. Do they live in the middle of a velodrome or something?

I lol’d at my grandmother almost died last month fof some reason. Shame she didnt die before you were born petronella…….

wordnumb
    Free Member

You know that the Mail’s website works by controversial non-stories attracting page views, thereby increasing advertising revenue?

RichPenny
    Free Member

You know that the Mail’s website works by controversial non-stories attracting page views, thereby increasing advertising revenue?

Agreed, stop funding this hate.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

seen that article before – it has been reworked.

true, we should come down hard on red light jumpers but also rework the rules of the road for cyclists as traffic lights are phased for cars, not cyclists – for example why not allow left turns at lights as you can in a car in the states.

It would be good if the police you see on cycles were actually proper cyclists, not people that had to work their way through the ranks. Then they could chase down the red light jumpers and pavement users and fine them.

Basically cycling provisions need to be a lot better and then they should come down hard on people that break the rules.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I seriously doubt the gang of youths that robbed her mum were wearing lycra.

unklehomered
    Free Member

It would be good if the police you see on cycles were actually proper cyclists, not people that had to work their way through the ranks. Then they could chase down the red light jumpers and pavement users and fine them.

this^ why not? They would also be ideally positioned to do ASL infringers on the spot.

simon_g

seen that article before – it has been reworked.

Correct – a couple of years old. Typical lazy Daily Mail rubbish.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1250746/Beware-rogue-bicycles–Petronella-Wyatt-attacks-cult-cycling-frail-mother-knocked-down.html

samuri
    Free Member

So hang on, her mum has been hit four times by bikes, and she’s been mugged twice?

That’s one unlucky family. Maybe she should stop writing bilge to see if her luck improves as a result.

soobalias
    Free Member

now i dont know a lot about this internerd stuff, but surely by pasting the links on here you just increase the lifespan of that site.

seriously can we not have a voluntary ban on DM links.

noteeth
    Free Member

To help avoid sending traffic to the Daily Wail, here is a small extract for your reading pleasure – the author describes her own experience of cycling:

People undergo a strange transformation when they take up cycling. Four years ago I bought a Pashley bike. To paraphrase My Fair Lady, ‘Let a cycle in your life, and you invite eternal strife.’
    As I wobbled along London’s roads, nearly hitting every pedestrian and car in sight, I was petrified and hysterical, screaming every shrewish curse I knew

After three days, disgusted with myself and unwilling to commit manslaughter, I rode on to the kerb – deliberately – and fell down. I then hailed a taxi and put my bike inside. I have never cycled since.

Genius prose – the DM never disappoints. 😀

miketually
    Free Member

1. Never, ever, ever knowingly follow a link to the Daily Mail;
    2. Install a browser extension like Tea and Kittens so that you don’t accidentally follow a link to the Daily Mail;
    3. Enjoy the internet more.

Northwind

Ha ha, good spot folks… Wonder if my comments on the mail website will get accepted, I suspect not 😉

Weasel
    Free Member

I’m surprised they weren’t bike riders under the following categories, just make middle England feel even more under attack

Fat cat bankers
    Asylum seekers
    Gypsies
    Single mothers
    Feral youths

you get the idea..

leffeboy

1. Never, ever, ever knowingly follow a link to the Daily Mail

Actually don’t ever link to them either, that’s what they want. They end up top of google a lot because they are good at SEO and are brilliant at whipping up a froth

vincienup
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

But the police have established, in conjunction with the Transport Research Laboratory, that half of all collisions between bicycles and cars are the fault of the cyclist.

That true ? – I’d be interested to read if so (anyone have a link ?)

…um. Doesn’t this shocking ‘statistic’ just mean that of road users, cyclists are as likely to cause an accident as drivers?

That actually sounds quite fair and balanced to me…

Gweilo
    Free Member

It seems this might be a re-hash, albeit slightly edited, of an article first penned by Ms Wyatt and previously published in 2010.

Must be a slow news day, or just bollox

Sawyer
    Free Member

Load of Daily Mail bollocks, basically. I feel bad for clicking on it.

mrmo
    Free Member

oh well bored thought i would send a complaint to the PCC, this is either one unfortunate old women or clause one of the PCC code has been breached.

miketually
    Free Member

Doesn’t this shocking ‘statistic’ just mean that of road users, cyclists are as likely to cause an accident as drivers?

That actually sounds quite fair and balanced to me…

The research I’d heard about sowed that 90% of serious accidents were caused by cars.

oh well bored thought i would send a complaint to the PCC, this is either one unfortunate old women or clause one of the PCC code has been breached.

It’s an opinion piece, so they can get away with pretty much whatever they like.

mrmo
    Free Member

It’s an opinion piece, so they can get away with pretty much whatever they like.

gone for clause 15 as well, bit of a stretch but it is incitement.

Just get p***ed off by how the mail basically lies/exaggerates so much for no reason other than to confirm preconceptions and get page clicks. It seems “news” is an inconvenience.

mrmo
    Free Member

The research I’d heard about sowed that 90% of serious accidents were caused by cars.

http://www.cars-suck.org/news/kbarelease.html

sure i have seen something similar for the uk

shotsaway
    Free Member

Another article written in February 2010 by the same writer. Her mother should really look before she steps in the road. In 2010 she cut her head open and yet again the cyclist didn’t stop.

Wouldnt you mention the 2010 incident in your latest article, especially if your mother was hurt in that accident as well? Unfortunately Petronella Wyatt loses all credibility and I’m slightly suspicious that these events ever happened?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1250746/Beware-rogue-bicycles–Petronella-Wyatt-attacks-cult-cycling-frail-mother-knocked-down.html

BobaFatt
    Free Member

from the newspaper that brought you “we hate gays”, “foreigners are stealing our jobs/women/cats” and “cyclists are the Antichrist” comes another is a long line of badly written nonsense articles because they can’t always show you the latest Kim Kardashian narcissistic twitter photo or shout at people who probably aren’t but look a bit like peados

samuri
    Free Member

hitler in a car

Mussolini *and* Hitler in a car together

Hussein and CHavez, in a car.

Stalin, polishing the bonnet of his new car

Thatcher vandalising someone’s mini

Barrymore getting into what looks like a sporty citroen of some kind

Need I go on? Cars = Evil people. Every single one of them.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm. They won’t publish my comment with the link to her earlier article… Odd….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Bigoted anti cycling mail article’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts