Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Biggest/Best London Bike Shop
  • turboferret

Just been asked by a friend what the biggest/best bike shop in London is.

He's going to be back in the UK for a weekend, and is dead set on picking up a bike on one day, and doesn't want to spend ages trekking around different shops, but does want to check a few different bikes out for fit.

Been a little while since I was living in the big smoke, so not fully up to speed at the moment.

What are your thoughts – one of the Evans? Cycle Surgery near Liverpool St, Condor (or are they more road?)

Cheers, Rich

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Biggest – On Your Bike at London Bridge
    BEst? Hmmm, tough one, but for me it would be between Brixton Cycles and Moose, I think. Condor are superb, but primarily road. Bikefix are great at the more esoteric end of the spectrum.

Evans? Erm…..I'll hold my tongue there I think.

ononeorange

The Strype Street Cycle Surgery people generally know what they're on about (the one tucked away near Liverpool Street) although it's pretty small.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cycle Surgery at Holborn is not bad.

Shorter Rochford on Woodhouse Road, Finchley have one of Tom Simpsons track bikes in the window if that sort of thing floats ya boat.

turboferret

Sorry, should have said MTB, and a half decent one at that, budget close to £1k I think.

Cheers, Rich

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, of the chains, I would say that Cycle Surgery are the pick of the bunch in town.

mcboo
    Free Member

Cyclesurgery always good, the one tucked behind Spitalfields the best for MTB. Not the new one on the square…the old one.

+1 Brixton bikes, though bit smaller.

Evans Spitalfields is huge, and great for kit, less so for advice. You have to know what you want yourself.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Anything decent around the Liverpool St station area? I'm down at our London office for a few days next week and could do with somewhere to go for a lunchtime browse.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

epicsteve, head to the Cycle Surgery on Strype Street. Tucked away a little, but a really good shop.

vinnyeh

Yep, of the chains, I would say that Cycle Surgery are the pick of the bunch in town.

How would you know- thought you hadn't darkened the step of an Evans this century? 😆

Evans' the Cut is a goodish store, as is Spitalfields Cycle Surgery, but I think both chains have now spread the good staff round a bit thinly, to say the least.

Brixton cycles and Condor are the best of the inner London shops by a country mile

simon_g

Probably best to head to Liverpool St area – there's two Cycle Surgery stores within a couple of minutes walk, the one by the market also has a big Evans nearby. On Your Bike is also a short walk from there over the river.

mcboo
    Free Member

For bling go have a look at Mosquito on Essex Road…….IndyFabs and all kind of lovely stuff

akira

There are some good guys in the Spitz Evans, the manager really knows his stuff about MTBs, he has a nice little SC and raced the Fort William Enduro last year, few other good guys there as well.
    The Cycle Surgery is good as well but as people have said a bit small.
    On Your Bike is big but a bit patchy on bikes I always found.

turboferret

Thanks guys, I think sending him in Spitalfields direction should do the trick, with a few other suggestions if he doesn't find anything he likes there.

Cheers, Rich

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good call on Mosquito! Haven't been there since I moved into the orbit of Moose, but some fantastic stuff. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Biggest/Best London Bike Shop’ is closed to new replies.