Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Biggest (road) hill in the Essex / Herts border area?
  • Kryton57

Say, near Epping / Potters bar, I fancy a challenge, what haven’t I discovered?

I’ve found / done Mott Street and Avery lane around Epping forest (bot Cat 4) and around the Ridgeway Potters Bar, whats bigger?

mike_p
    Free Member

The lane that climbs up out of Braughing is supposed to be the steepest, don’t know if that’s true though it is a brute and it runs up towards the highest point in Herts (which ain’t saying much TBH). We call it dictionary hill, because there are no words to describe it!

qwerty
    Free Member

No single hill in that area is gonna hurt for too long so why not string a few together, IIRC from Potters Bar, Northaw, Ridgeway, Beehive PH to the B158 at Hertford has a few undulations that should tire you a bit.

Kryton57

qwerty – Member
    No single hill in that area is gonna hurt for too long so why not string a few together, IIRC from Potters Bar to the B158 at Hertford has a few undulations that should tire you a bit.

Done those. Thats part of what I call my my “Bastid Route” – a 100k loop which goes across from Enfield, via Epping to Hertford, down the 158, then left again along the ridgeway to Cuffely, back through Northaw and home. By then I’ve done about 70k or so and must admit its pretty tough coming across that section after that.

qwerty
    Free Member

I fancy a challenge

You’ll not be fulfilled until you’ve strung a few Lakeland passes together and have gazed at the sweat dripping off your nose onto your stem whilst you suppress the urge to vomit up your lungs and find the spots in your vision ruining the view.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Biggest (road) hill in the Essex / Herts border area?’ is closed to new replies.