Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Biggest non 29r 700c tyre?
  • ton

any idea’s.

found a continental 700 x 47c, which must be pretty big.

trail_rat
    Free Member

why not just get a 29er tyre if you want big ? my bonty 29 x 2.2s have 700c equivalent printed on them …

traildog
    Free Member

I also don’t see what you’re trying to ask or archive?

drofluf
    Free Member

29er tyres are 700c surely?

cynic-al
    Free Member

As you say, you can get up to 700 x 47 and 29 x 2″ so I don’t think there’s any gap in sizing.

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you mean in terms of tread? 700c being hybrid/road tread 29er being gnarly dood? becuase they are identical ETRTO

MrTall
    Free Member

I run Schwalbe Big Apples in 2.35″ (c.60mm) and love them. (Not cheap though now, foldingd for £35 each, rrp is closer to £50!!!).

I tried some alternatives recently and didn’t like them as much. Big Apple 2.0″ (50mm) is nowhere near the volume of the 2.35″ and measured up more like 45mm. Some of the Conti range go up to 700x54c but the one i bought to try only measured up to about 47mm in reality which was a tad annoying (how do you undermeasure a slick tyre??).

The Big Apple Folding and Conti (Sport Contact?) wire bead will be up for sale soon if anybody is interested (less than 10 miles on both).

ton

fella’s, they are to fit in a surly lht frame.
    a 2” 29r tyre wont fit.

Stoner
    Free Member

for road or off road use?

try some 1.5″ CX tyres for offroad.

MrTall
    Free Member

I also have some Spesh Borough CX 700x45c tyres which are pretty good and can be found cheap if you shop around (mine were £4 each!). They should fit and have a little bit of corner tread and seem fairly beefy.

ton

off and on road.
    will see if i can find some of those borough’s.
    spesh tyres are pretty hardwearing.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

deleted

nedrapier

well 2.0″ 29er = 48c x 700c so if the first is too big, the 47c might also be too big.

“What’s the biggest (road/knobbly/hybrid) 700c/29er tyre I can fit in my Surly LHT” would do the trick!

Edit: just saw the timing. What did you go for ton?

takisawa2

These Spesh tyres look alright. 450g for the folding version at £16.
    Anyone actually using them ?

ton

got a set of these. 700 x 47. massive

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18835

mattsccm
    Free Member

I asked the same question and got similar answers.
    I guess, like me, you want somethings thats really a whopping road tyre with some tread. Ie a CX tyre but wider. 29ers are primarily knobblies and thus are not the same thing even though they are if you get my meaning.

Sam

What you want are some Schwalbe Marathon Supremes – really excellent tyres for touring, commuting, or just general rougher road riding. I have some of the 50mm in stock, but they probably wouldn’t go in your LHT. They also do a 42. There are quite a lot of tyres in the 35-42 range designed for hybrids.

takisawa2

Ton, what are they like away from surfaced trails ? Have you tried them ?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Biggest non 29r 700c tyre?’ is closed to new replies.