Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • biggest flat pedal
  • MSP

Having size 49 feet I struggle a bit with footwear and pedals. I fancy having a go with flat pedals again, which have the largest platform?

Last time I tried with straitline defacto, which had load of grip but could do with a being a bit bigger. James Wilson has done some which are nice and long but also a bit on the narrow side. Frontrunners at the mo are dmr vault which have a stated area of 115 x 115mm but I have seen a review that suggests the narrowing of the platform at the rear of the foot can give problems for sasquatch.

Any other decent options

Rorschach
    Free Member

Syntace do different sizes.Large is 110×105.And they are 200 notes!

MSP

Looks a nice pedal, but doesn’t seem that large for a supposedly sized pedal and 200 notes **** hell.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got some LG1+ pedals and they are the biggest I’ve tried.

qtip

I’ve got tiny size 47s, but for me Vaults have been by far the best in terms of foot support. The only thing I’ve used (and still use) that is as good is Burgtec Penthouse Mk IIs, but on the newer versions the platform is closer to the crank arm, thus limiting the useful width.

ton

i saw a clip recently. some american bloke telling us about pedals and the ones he was pushing were huge. it was about a big platform being better for pushing against with more of your foot rather than the ball area.

cant think what they were called tho

ton
    sharkattack

I love my Vaults. So much that I have a second pair so I don’t have to switch them back and forth anymore.

MSP

Yeah those pedalling innovations are the James Wilson ones, they are 12mm longer than a vault and 20mm narrower. It rather pisses on the parade of his ergonomics mastery that he hasn’t accounted for different sized feet.

Northwind

If you end up looking at vaults, the mag bodies are smaller than the alu ones for some reason.

ton

also, specialized benny pedals are huge
    i swapped to v12’s for this reason

Gotama
    Free Member

I think chiefgrooveguru has some of the pedalling innovations one and said they’re not as grippy as his vaults due to lower number of pins or shape or something. Great for putting power down though. Anyway, size 48 here and happy with vaults. They’re as big as I could find when looking six months ago. The new crankbrothers (yes, I know) flats are as big if not slightly bigger but……. Also the chromag name escapes me are pretty big and you can seemingly stick as many pins in as you want. The good thing about the vaults (other pedals mentioned may also have the same) is that the concave shape really helps hold your foot. Very noticeable improvement over the cheapo superstar nano pedals I had before, in both size under foot and grip.

LAT

Pinkbike’s coverage of core bike featured some very wide HT pedals. The P.I. pedals are longer, rather than wider.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/randoms-core-bike-trade-show-2016.html

funkrodent

Vaults are very good. Have had a couple of pairs and they’re great. That said I’ve now switched to the DMR V12s. £40 rather than nearly £90, almost as big and only slightly thicker. I’ve got two pairs now and love them. My feet are 47

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Isn’t the Nano-X a bigger version of the Nano? Big enough to consider and not silly money for something that bounces off rocks?

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve tried the Syntace and Vaults, both perfect really, syntace are lighter and thinner, vaults a bit bigger but they both kept my size 47s cemented to the pedals!

pipiom
    Free Member

Any first hand opinions on the pedalling innovations catalyst ?

transition1
    Free Member

Azonic Big Foot pedal
    120x110mm
    Not used them myself, I have the wicked pedal which is great.

Rod

A mate of mine is working on some large platform pedals – similar size to the pedalling innovations (I’ve seen the prototype – look very good). This is the website http://iris-cycling-uk.co.uk/collections/frontpage (the overshoes are the first thing he’s worked on, but he has plenty more ideas). So if you’re patient enough to wait for the testing/manufacture, they should be at a much better price point…

Rod

Here’s the prototype…

zelak999
    Free Member

^^^Oooh i wouldnt want that smacking my shin!!^^^

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On a more sensible note, Burgtech penthouses are pretty massive. Not sure how big exactly, but my Mk3’s were much bigger than anything available at the time, the new ones are a lot lighter and only £100, if they’re half as good that makes them a bargain.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Syntace do different sizes.Large is 110×105.And they are 200 notes!

I’ve a set of these in M and they’re huge, the L must be massive! Other obvious option would be Burgtecs though nowhere near the weight of the Syntace.

Those prototypes look hilarious, quite fancy a go on them though!

Sizes/spec of the Syntace here.

longmover
    Free Member

Deity Decoys are fairly big and feel nice under foot. The bearings are lasting pretty well, the pedal is fairly strong as they have had plenty of rock strikes and are still straight and smooth.

Gotama
    Free Member

Has anyone got any nukeproof horizon pedals and if so how big are they? Can’t see the size on the CRC or NP website which is annoying.

benp1

I’m a size UK11, not sure what the FX rate is

I’m fine on DMR V12s on my hardtail and Superstar Nano-Xs on my rigid SS

dubber
    Free Member

Just had some superstar nano-x delivered and there pretty big compared to my old DMR pedals , not fitted to the bike yet though. They don’t seem to spin freely – only 1 turn max , read that they need to wear in first though :/

stevied
    Free Member

^^^Oooh i wouldnt want that smacking my shin!!^^^

And ankle and kneecap 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘biggest flat pedal’ is closed to new replies.