Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Biggedy biggedy bong!
  • rickmeister

Shirehorses anyone… ? remember their Status Quo cover… ?

Mark and Lard, witty banter and comedy gold…. I cant belive the actually got away with a lot of the stuff they put across the airwaves..

mboy
    Free Member

Never been able to bring myself to listen to the Presenters Graveyard that is Radio 2, but my God they were funny on Radio 1!

I vividly remember their last ever show, me and a couple of mates listening along as we drove down for a late afternoon/evening ride in the FOD. Letting the silence drag on long enough at the end of the show to cue Radio 1’s auto play mechanism, which then ran 15 minutes into the next show, was brilliantly funny!

sparkyrhino

Im going for a reverse sweep

Innes
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=s5noU2U-IjU[/video]

Pure filth!

Fantastic!

Pigface
    Free Member

Whoooooooooooooooooooo
    I can remember a Fat Harry skit that had him in the French patisserie. Croissant neuf 😆

Classic radio

Speeder

I had pretty moist eyes at the end of that last show, grew up with M&L and though it was pretty repetitive that’s so much of what made them great.

Don’t understand how the BBC could drop the radio equivalent of Morcambe & Wise while keeping the halfwit bully that is Moles and the vacant, squaking ,harpy Sara Cox.

Comedy gold indeed.

Sonor
    Free Member

Loved ’em but somehow (wonder if this is also reflected in the non-likers above*) our friends south of the Watford gap really did not connect with them at all?

Blimey, North/South bias when it comes to DJ’s. I’m from London, absolutely loved them and stopped listening to radio 1, the second their last show finished.

Even saw them on their Shire horses tour at the London Astoria. Though having Dick the buttock Scruttock on stage was off putting.

matt_outandabout

Superb. night made. As you were.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

To be fair they were utter shite… which is exactly why I loved them.

peteroughton169
    Free Member

ooh, 10 pence short!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I liked their early stuff, but then I’m biased.

(The Fall made/still make good music)

RichPenny
    Free Member

Helmet

Classic Cuts

😆

matt_outandabout

Thats the badger! is a favourite saying at work…not that I had anything do do with it or owt…

P20

I loved their show, fat Harry puts in the odd appearance on the iPod shuffle. Comedy is always good when on shuffle. I’ve got a load of billy Connolly, genius when the track ends and the next one starts “the casual vomit….”

CountZero

Oh God, I loved M&L, funniest thing on radio or tv. Slim and Shady used to make me cry with laughing, literally. Once out driving back from a client I had to find a pull-in ‘cos I was laughing so much I couldn’t see the road!
    Stop!
    Carry on…
    I have 6 on at work, and I usually have Radcliffe and Maconie on, and they really crease me up as well.
    That fat **** Moyles, on the other hand…
    Anyone got a baseball bat or a crowbar?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Does anyone remember Adrian Just… think he was on Saturdays.

CountZero

“Christ Almighty!”

rOcKeTdOg

Yea but “is it worth owt?”

🙂 slipknot army

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Biggedy biggedy bong!’ is closed to new replies.