Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bigfoot Bikes dead and nearly gone
  • billyboy
    Free Member

Bigfoot Bikes…dead and nearly gone.

It’ll be a considerable uphill climb for a new person to rescue it now.

I wish that new person luck.

Grumpyagain
    Free Member

Any idea if someone is going to take over

billyboy
    Free Member

Don’t know for sure yet…….

It was a good place….let’s hope someone can restore it

Karinofnine

That’s a shame, good job you’re not there any more. How is your knee? x

proberts
    Free Member

Bigfoot bikes in Hayes?…. I thought they were just moving premises??

proberts
    Free Member

Bump!!

spicer
    Free Member

I Didn’t realize he was closing up, haven’t been in there for a while. It’s a shame, especially as i’m only down the road! We’ll have to try and keep some regular “club” rides going, especially the xc seen as there arnt any offroad clubs locally

billyboy
    Free Member

He’s told folk I’m in touch with that he is being evicted. If you knew the recent past history, you’d know that was par for the course.

I’m stumbling along thanks Karin. Got an extra busy 16 days straight of work at the moment…might ring for a chat when I’m thru with that.

spicer
    Free Member

From what I’d heard it seemed like it was coming, but still a shame. Used to go on the nightrides regularly until a year or two ago.

proberts
    Free Member

That’s a shame it was a good little shop a few years ago, it seems to have gone downhill since then. Heard various bad stories about staff and it all seemed a bit shambolic in there!! It’ll prob be a Costa coffee in a few months

billyboy
    Free Member

The main problem was/is the owner

coffeeking
    Free Member

Who’s bigfoot bikes?

torihada
    Free Member

Who’s bigfoot bikes?

Small bike shop in SE London/Kent borders (Hayes). The main draw was the club. The road section has got huge. The MTB side fairing less well, mainly due to riders progressing and organising their own thing. I first started riding with BFB when Sparky was at the shop and the original owner still owned it. A group of us still use the shop as the starting point for Sunday XC rides. Sadly the shop lost its way, weird stock choices and servicing didn’t cut the mustard. There seems to be a battle going on at the moment regarding who owns/controls BFB club.

andrewy

It’s a shame about the shop. I’ve been tempted to join the club but it seems to have become a road club (of which there are loads round here) and I’m more interested in a mtb club just to meet up with a few folks. 😕

proberts
    Free Member

We could start our own little club, it’s only a case of arranging a time/place to meet. The first rule of Bikeclub…….
    Nobody talks about Bikeclub.

Weasel
    Free Member

The MTB nightrides are still going every Tuesday folks, and we are getting Thursday’s back on track (more due to weather/laziness), plus weekend rides including the Surrey Hills next week.

Check the forum for details!

The club is independent of the shop by the way!

Andrew – (fair weather) ride leader

p.s Hi Joe!

billyboy
    Free Member

torihada

Tell us more

It is a nice club but it does seem to be in the grip of a select few who censor and elbow out anyone with any opinion contrary to the approved party line.

I did suggest to the Chairman that he might find gainful employment with Mr Putin.

torihada
    Free Member

torihada

Tell us more

Nothing to tell. No longer a member. A group of us who first started with BFB moved on. We progressed from the early days when we were all clipped in, thought carbon was the future & thought you’d never need more than 4″ of travel to now: hooning around the Alps, DH days and getting a taste for Whistler. We still ride local XC (we started from BFB shop this am) but we all know each other’s abilities and are immune to the mutually obscene language/slagging/banter.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Seems to have risen like a phoenix and re-appeared in Biggin Hill. Not sure if its still a full on shop, the website isnt all that clear.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bigfoot Bikes dead and nearly gone’ is closed to new replies.