Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Big/Biggest flat pedals?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Don’t get why they’re all so small, what are the biggest availible? The DMR Vaults look like it?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Burgtecs have one of the bigger platforms without being too deep or heavy. One of the best flat pedals you can get.

wiggles
    Free Member

Vaults are bigger than most others (I’m sat next to a a cabinet with most of the available flat pedals in)

toby1

If only there was a magazine that’d recently reviewed flat pedals and in the review had mentioned surface area, if there was such a magazine, I wonder if it’d have a forum too?

Saints were on the list of the largest, they are apparently going ‘cheep’ on CRC too!

ton

45nrth pedals are huuuuge. take a size 12 winter walking boot with ease.

tomhoward

+1 for Burgtecs being ‘kin enormous. To the point were I think they may be a bit tooo big, I sometimes struggle to get my feet in the right position, yet they are still fully on the pedal. Combining equally enormous pins with 5.10 soles and it can be tricky to adjust ones feet.

Raceface atlas pedals however, I can’t fault.

(size 44 feet)

officerfriendly
    Free Member

@Jamesfts at that price you might as well get the vaults!

@Wiggles It’s handy I have you then! The DMR Vaults certainty look bigger than any other pedals, bar the 45nrth ones

@Toby1 you made me lol! I’ve never actually read the website so I will have a look. The saints don’t seem that big compared to the rest though, too small in length!

@Ton holy shit they look frigging huge!!! xD

@Tomhoward, the burgtecs don’t look too big, they look about the same size as the superstar nano flats? If they really are that big….

jamesfts
    Free Member

I’d sooner buy the Burgtecs, though the Vaults are a great pedal, you wont find better than Burgtec.

Super strong, infinitely serviceable and when combined with a set of 5.10s they just have ridiculous levels of grip and support. The newer versions are also slimmer and lighter than previous.

Plus Burgtec are a great little UK based company who really do support the uk riding/racing scene.

Platform is definitely bigger that Nanos.

tmb467
    Free Member

Vaults are definitely bigger than the nanos I have now cos I had em on my last bike

I had the old burgtec MK2s before that and they were bigger than the vaults (but significantly heavier)

Wouldn’t mind trying the new burgtecs tho. It’ll be on my list of things for next year now, after cranks, bars and stem

ton

toby1

I only tend to use flats on my BMX (yeah I’m one of those middle age guys who recently got a BMX to play with!) The saints seem fine to me on there bu they haven’t been on long so I have limited experience of them, Pedals are a bit like saddles I suspect you’ll go through a few before you find one that fits ‘just right’. The 45Norths do look like a good tool for the job though 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

I looked at new Burgtecs and though the platform was big it was almost flush up against the crank arm, whichmade it narrower in total than a Vault (and same-ish width as a Hope f20). If you want proper huge Syntace is the one (it comes in diff. sizes), but it costs.

occamsrazor
    Free Member

Was set on Nano thru-pins but they continue to be out of stock and need to buy asap. Looking for a wide pedal for my size 13 feet. Top budget choices seem to be:

Superstar Nano Thru Pin: 105 x 100 mm, around £40.
    DMR Vault: 115 x 115 mm, around £80.

Is there anything else available around the size of the Vaults but closer to the cost of the Nanos?

Thanks…

wwaswas

I used to have some 24/7 pedals.

It was like having a surfboard strapped to each crank arm.

No idea if they still make them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Big/Biggest flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.