Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Big Weather incoming!
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

probably best to tie the garden furniture down folks…

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

what tyres for night riding in a tornado?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Huh! Huh! Huh! Tornados are cool.

theflatboy
    Free Member

if the area circled in red is at risk, it would help if they could be a bit more specific!

MrNutt
    Free Member

tornado cornholio FTW!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just had a comedy downpour here – no tornados though.

toby1

I'm off to a festival tomorrow – camping, in gale force winds and poruing rain – joy, joy, joy 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Major headwind and heavy rain on the ride to work this morning, clothes all dried on the radiator for the tailwind driven blast home.

Haze

Gary_M – Member
    Major headwind and heavy rain on the ride to work this morning, clothes all dried on the radiator for the tailwind driven blast home.

Bound to have changed direction by now, by around 180 degrees…

maxray
    Free Member

headwind and heavy rain on the ride to work this morning, clothes all dried on the radiator for the tailwind driven blast home.

I normally seem to get a headwind both ways.. like the on/off shore breeze effect.

rubbish!

So hope we have a mean storm though 😀

Frankenstein
    Free Member

No hills here but it is windy whichever direction!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nah it's still blowing from the east here, been a fairly good tailwind home the past two days, which is unusual. But much, much windier today.

I normally get headwinds home, but very little tailwind in, I much prefer a headwind in the morning and a blast home.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

No hills here but it is windy whichever direction!

So how do you doing MTBing…?!

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

THREATS

Tornadoes; hail to 15mm diameter; CG lightning; wind gusts

What is CinnamonGirl lightning?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im moving house at the weekend can somebody arrange for it to be dry by friday night as the only van I can get is a flatbed!

Thanks.

bassspine
    Free Member

the met office aren't giving any weather warnings about tornados. It'll be interesting to see what actually blows by

Coyote
    Free Member

It's just gone dark in Ellesmere Port and the clouds have burst.

<looks at car on other side of car park and realises umbrella is in boot>

Joy…

[edit] Thunder and lightning now. Whoopy-effin-do.

Archaic
    Free Member

The sky has just darkened over Dronfield and the thunder/lightning has started. Luckily I am working from home today 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just got home from work. The last hr was proper biblical give Noah a ring rain!!!

fishboy
    Free Member

Just had a brief thunderstorm in Carlisle, nothing to write home about though.

CountZero

Haven't had a decent thunderstorm with proper forked lightning for ages.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sky's just gone as black as a preachers soul here in Rochdale…. 8)

romster
    Free Member

Sky went black at 5.20 in south yorks, finished work at 5.45, rode home in the biggest torrential down pour we've had in a while, strong winds, fork lightning, crashing thunder, on the final road home the water came up to the middle of my chainset. . . .the flood patch was only around ten metres long in a dip in the road but it's a while since it's been that high! Anyway, home for 6.20, quick shower and some play time with my boy and it's now 7.30, we've got glorious sunshine, blue skies, hardly no clouds and the winds died down. . . . . I fookin love the randomness of a good British summer, honest!

Creg
    RustyNissanPrairie

bloody big downpour spoilt my usual wednesday night thrash round Lee quarry.

amodicumofgnar

Got chased round the hayfield area by a thunderstorm this evening – its not the flash crack that freaked me out its the fizz thut.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Big Weather incoming!’ is closed to new replies.