Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Big up to Brant and Planet X
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Winged about smoothie bearings on here – brant told me to get in touch. Did do yesterday – NEW full headset in the post today

MANY MANY THANKS

mattsccm
    Free Member

Wonder if he’ll respond to my forthcoming whinge about the crap assembly on my (~literally)Friday Pickenflick?
    going to give them first chance though.

dannyh
    Free Member

Rob_jackson.

Exactly the same here. I merely asked the question out into the forum ether, Brant replied asking for a couple of details. I go on hols for week, arrive back at work and whole new headset is waiting for me. FOC.

I have never had a bad experience with On One / Planet X. One slightly delayed order when I stupidly ordered the last eight inner tubes once, but that got sorted toute suite as well when I dropped them an email.

Basically, they are very good.

wwaswas

Might be worth updating the original thread too?

honourablegeorge

My titanium 456 Evo frame is RUBBISH

*crosses fingers*

akira

My carbon Fatty prototype still hasn’t arrived.

brant
    Free Member

mattsccm – Member
    Wonder if he’ll respond to my forthcoming whinge about the crap assembly on my (~literally)Friday Pickenflick?
    going to give them first chance though.
    POSTED 39 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Interested to hear.

Mail in profile.

pk13

My dog ate my socks that I got from on one rainbow poo just been picked up off the lawn.

GavinB

Big up to you Rob!

I think it’s great when people thank shops for good service (for so many reasons).

Northwind

Did they replace it with another smoothie? What are they going to do when the bearings wear out again in another 3 and a half rides?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Email sent Brant.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Socks are great. Pretty colours would be nice though.

mccraque

I’m a bit upset with them at the moment. I like the company and love my bike – even buying that was initially a ballache. it was as if they didn’t want to sell me it. Was a frame only option, but wanted them to spec and build it for me. Took 2 months (no word of a lie)to even make me the sale – due to lack of responses to my emails. It’s a couple of £k of bike so not the most expensive, but not an insignificant amount.

Now the bloody internally routed cable has so much friction that I have had to go external, tethering the gear cable to the brake cable. They’ve offered to take it and have a look but that means stripping, boxing and sending it back.

Another annoyance – I want a spare mech hanger. They told me that they didn’t do them any longer and weren’t getting any. I asked if they knew of any other companies that would stock such an item or whether they had a code that I can look around with. “no” came the reply. Offered nothing. At this point I lost my rag a little. Sure it’s £20 mech hanger but it’s fairly fundamental. It’s their bike….who else can I turn to?

Expect a little more to be honest.

Jamie
    Free Member

They’ve offered to take it and have a look but that means stripping, boxing and sending it back.

Just get them to ship you a bike box*, turn the handlebars and send it back?

*CRC have done this for me before.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Re the mech hanger, try BETD in Stoke on Trent, I’m sure they’ll be able to help.

mccraque

actually – I’ve just had a response from a company called gearmechhanger.com who have been very helpful. Think that one may be solved….but no thanks to on-one themselves.

khani
    Free Member

There was an American mag a while back who when they did a bike test used to order a mech hanger anonymously as part of the test, and the response or lack of was included in the final test score..
    Maybe if the mags did something like this now it wouldn’t be such an issue, but reporting on customer service issues doesn’t seem to be on the radar with uk bike mags,
    maybe they’re scared of upsetting the advertisers,

brant
    Free Member

I’m a bit upset with them at the moment. I like the company and love my bike – even buying that was initially a ballache. it was as if they didn’t want to sell me it. Was a frame only option, but wanted them to spec and build it for me. Took 2 months (no word of a lie)to even make me the sale – due to lack of responses to my emails. It’s a couple of £k of bike so not the most expensive, but not an insignificant amount.

Now the bloody internally routed cable has so much friction that I have had to go external, tethering the gear cable to the brake cable. They’ve offered to take it and have a look but that means stripping, boxing and sending it back.

Another annoyance – I want a spare mech hanger. They told me that they didn’t do them any longer and weren’t getting any. I asked if they knew of any other companies that would stock such an item or whether they had a code that I can look around with. “no” came the reply. Offered nothing. At this point I lost my rag a little. Sure it’s £20 mech hanger but it’s fairly fundamental. It’s their bike….who else can I turn to?

Expect a little more to be honest.

Can you email me your details. Sounds poor.

Cheers

brant
    Free Member

Email sent Brant.

nothing recieved

matt_outandabout

Once again we have OnOne’s warranty/customer service/sales/tea boy/designers all at work to solve the customers issue.

Brant, you are needing a re-name to ‘Lone Ranger’. Question is, who is Tonto?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Did they replace it with another smoothie? What are they going to do when the bearings wear out again in another 3 and a half rides?

Headset is fine, bearings are pants, unless they decided to put seals on the angle side of the bearing the problem will return again. Just buy better bearings, its a cure.

mccraque

Can you email me your details. Sounds poor.

Cheers

Sent – Thanks Brant.

brant
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Email sent Brant.
    nothing recieved
    POSTED 31 MINUTES AGO #

Still nothing received.

mccraque

email seems to go to cyberspace for about 24 hours and then gets a return notice! Have tried once more…

hora
    Free Member

Sort of O/T: I’ve never had an issue with customer services-contact at On One/Planet X. Brant would be the first to know if I’d have a whinge as I am abit of a whingebag. So I don’t ‘get’ why people say on here they didnt receive good service etc etc? Maybe its the way you call them/ask questions?!

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

What’s the general problem with the headsets?

I bought a 456 Ti full build at Xmas and the bloody headset needs the play removing after EVERY SINGLE ride.
    I e-mailed originally along with an issue with the brakes that was more important, and I think the headset got forgotten about.

Sucks because I love the damn bike and blew my savings to get it, so the advice of replacing with a sweet new Hope headset isn’t helpful.

Phill

brant
    Free Member

email seems to go to cyberspace for about 24 hours and then gets a return notice! Have tried once more…

Still nothing received.

brant
    Free Member

Sort of O/T: I’ve never had an issue with customer services-contact at On One/Planet X. Brant would be the first to know if I’d have a whinge as I am abit of a whingebag. So I don’t ‘get’ why people say on here they didnt receive good service etc etc? Maybe its the way you call them/ask questions?!

Dunno. I received your mail though. And replied.

warton
    Free Member

They’ve offered to take it and have a look but that means stripping, boxing and sending it back.

well, you kinda did order a bike from an online company, not much can be done about that….

I’m waiting for my Planet X pro carbon to be delivered tomorrow (being built today I’ve been told) Can’t wait to see it…

kayak23

If you go in the shop, you can almost see the plywood lady’s vajayjay…
    Just saying. 🙂

mccraque

well, you kinda did order a bike from an online company, not much can be done about that….

I kinda did…yes….figuring “What can go wrong with a hardtail?

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’m awaiting a mail from them ref my 29er frame that got belted by the couriers (it was very well packaged just not yodel proof it seems!), the guy i spoke to yesterday was pretty helpful, sent some photos off and now await the decision.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Big up to Brant and Planet X’ is closed to new replies.