Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Big trip this month, small ding on rim weld-opinions
  • kayak23

In two weeks I’m off on a 3 week trip cycling in Peru and Bolivia ( death road etc)
    Obviously my kit needs to be up to it.

Just discovered a very small ding on the rear rim of my Superstar xc-430 wheels. These wheels have impressed me hugely really. I’ve really not been kind to them on my steel hardtail but anyway, by the by. The ding in question is pretty much bang on the weld.
    The weld has not opened up at all, and its barely noticeable when the tyre is seated.

Am I being overly paranoid or would you replace it before the trip? Better the devil you know?
    As I say, impressed with these wheels but can they take 3 weeks of Peruvian dirt and road?
    After opinions please.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d leave it myself. You probably give your wheels a far harder time over here.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

if it was me i would leave it be. but that would be if i was riding in the UK/Local. But as you doing a epic ride i would change it. the rim could pop and game over for your holiday for the sake of a few quids.

6 of 1 half a dozen of the other!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Big trip this month, small ding on rim weld-opinions’ is closed to new replies.