Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Big thumbs up to Mister Solutions (chainsaw content)
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Have previously tipped Mr Solutions (blindstickinsect on eBay) for all things chainsaw spares and sawdust manufacturing.

But theyve gone beyond the call of duty today. Almost certainly due to my drive sprocket being as worn as Vic Reeves thighs I managed to break two of the “budget” Archer chains in as many weeks recently. Was a bit miffed as not happy having to throw away two good chains Id barely sharpened. Mentioned it in my most recent order (5 litres of Stihl 2-stroke and 5 Litres of chain oil, plus the new drive sprocket & bearing) and top chap at the other end said he’d throw a replacement chain in for me.

Got to love good online retailers. Ive tried getting stuff locally (and in Worcs you’d expect plenty of shops supporting the woodists) but spares are non-existent and consumables stupidly expensive, and then Ive got to drive half way around the county to get them. Cant beat having access to that range of spares and stuff getting them dropped to your door.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This has made it possible to enjoy my weekend. 🙂

itstig

Good recommendation I’ve also heard nothing but good about him. I’m a bit of a chain snob oregon or stihl for me. I was very tempted but chickened out of buying a 92 link chain for my big husky.

geoffj

I’ve used them for all my chains – quick good service and cheap.
    I once paid £18 for a chain for my saw from the local dealer – only once mind.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Incidentally, don’t know if it’s been mentioned here, but I saw a report during the week on the news about a load of fake Husqvarnas being sold in Norn Irn. Don’t quite fancy a knock off chainsaw. 😯

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I too only used Oregon or Stihl chains, but I found someone on eBay selling something similar for around £6 or £7. the chains were equally durable. I’ll try Mr Solutions next time I need some. I’ve got some regular two stroke oil to use up, I’m keen to see how a specific to a chainsaw two stroke oil effects performance. I usually buy 25 litre drums of chain oil locally as I’d imaging the carriage would add significantly to the cost. A drum lasts for ages.

geoffj

For chain oil I’ve been using Supertack Bio – not a bad price for a veg oil
    http://www.clarkforest.com/shop/chainsaw/chainsaw-oil/supertack-bio-chainsaw-oil-25-litres

joat

Most supermarkets do ‘chain oil’ in handy bottles. Never had a problem with it. Just be careful if your oil tank is plastic as mice chewed through a friend’s tank and emptied it.

itstig

Clarks is a good call free delivery over £50 and next day delivery on stuff I have ordered, good for heavy stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Big thumbs up to Mister Solutions (chainsaw content)’ is closed to new replies.