Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Big thumbs up for Bike Verbier
  • wl
    Free Member

Just had a week with Bike Verbier and I can't recommend them highly enough. I've been out there loads of times, but on every trip there are incredible new trails and the hosting and guiding is absolutely spot on. The Ultimate has a well deserved reputation as one of the world's best trails, but Emerson Dam and Police Academy definitely give it run for its money. Cheers guys.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Went last summer. Best week of my life (much to the annoyance of my wife who wasn't there!).

singlespeedstu

Waves to wl.

Another great week with BV again.

Our seventh trip out there and they're still finding enough new stuff to keep me going back.

There's a few clips from the ultimate here Will.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-short-trail-from-friday-video

I'll sort the other videos out later.

blaggers
    Free Member

Hows the new accomodation? We're out there in a few weeks, and I'm not sure how the new place matches up to the old one (which was amazing). Did you ride to Le Chable to get to the cablecar?

Is it a bus ride into Verbier for post ride beers/day off entertainment?

Looking forwaqrd to it.

scruff
    Free Member

We stopped in the new place last year, its better for everything apart from getting into Verbier (you can bus up with bikes on back if lifts arent running) and the view is never going to be as good but its still wow worthy.

'Emerson Dam and Police Academy ' tell me more please.

Megatron

less than 2 week to go till I go 8)

Drac

Brilliant hosts and lovely people.

Narked as not got out for a few years now and this year is very unlikely.

wl
    Free Member

Stu – great to see you again after 6 years! If you head our there again this summer, let me know – I might just see you there. Or drop by if you're in my neck of the woods. I'll defo check your vids soon as I have more time.

Blaggers – new accommodation's v good, and access to trails/beers is fine.

Scruff – those are just two of the new trails, both amazing. Phil told me there's a whole load more besides, so I'm thinking of a return trip this summer to get them done. Emerson is up there with the best I've ever ridden in the Alps or BC – very long, pretty technical in places, flowy in others, roots, rocks and generally sublime. Police Academy, Silly Arrete, Dorenaz DH, the list goes on…….

singlespeedstu

Scruff.

i'll sort out the video from police academy later.
    not got the emerson ride though as it was a bit wet for filming.
    as wl said though it's got a bit of everything in it.

wl. we'll be in touch when we head up your way mate.

Tracey

Cant wait, going for 2 weeks at the biginning of August, been every year since 2003 and still doing different trails. The new chalet is spot on

Tracey

st

Bike Verbier are officially the aceist.

The new chalet is great, with brilliant views. Ride up to the cable car is fine.

The good thing about not being in Verbier is that it's harder to get hammered on Tuesday nigh on Jagermeister making the day off much more bearable!!

No trip for me this year :o( finger crossed for next year :o)

freeridenick
    Free Member

The Ultimate is good but I think Jackass or Vertigo is better. Dorenaz DH is really good

allthepies
    Free Member

I loved Jackass 🙂

wl
    Free Member

New lines on Dorenaz DH are worth the trip alone.

singlespeedstu

Is this a trail name dropping contest? 😉

I think you'll have to go a long way to beat the emerson ride finishing with the ginger mullet. 8)

wl
    Free Member

Agreed. Emerson into Ginger Mullet is surely the new winner. No disrespect to The Ultimate and all those other Verbier classics too numerous to list.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Not going this year as going to Chamonix instead. Will have to sign up for another trip in the future

Have you done the trail from the St Bernard Monastry up over the Fenetre de Ferret and down to La Fouly – that was brill.

Big Daddy was ace as well, Jack of Clubs and Ginger Mullet

No more name dropping 🙄

Hopefully will pop over to Dorenaz from Cham, is there some new stuff on the DH?

I presume you mean the Emosson Dam on the French border. Any hints to the route as it must be very near Chamonix!

wl
    Free Member

Since I was there two years ago there was at least one mint new route down the DH course, probably many more. I'm rubbish with directions and bearings, but the dam route was absolutely superb, somewhere in the Emosson area. The Bike Verbier crew do this route as a guided ride for those into more technical trails – I'd get yourself booked in for next year. If you like that sort of thing you'll love many of the BV trails, but they're impossible to find without their guides.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yep been several times with BV in the past. might have to return next year.

nickegg
    Free Member

I have to say that Singlespeedstu's video of the Ultimate trail has really got me interested in Verbier! Off to Les Arc area in September for our second Alps trip but will be definitely going to Verbier in the next few years.

Looking pretty pricey though compared to other destinations but it is Switzerland!

wl
    Free Member

Not nearly as pricey as you might think. I hear stories of France and people paying 8 Euros for a coffee in places like Chamonix – Verbier's really nothing like that. And staying with BV you barely spend anything anyway – tons of great grub and snacks, free wine with dinner, cheap honesty bar in the chalet and so much superb riding you'll not be spending much time in the shops.

nickegg
    Free Member

wl…I was referring to their package costs. £560 per person vs £349 per person for our week this September near Les Arc.

singlespeedstu

nickegg.

I'd say it's money well spent when you consider how well you get looked after both on and off the trails.

nickegg
    Free Member

No doubt it's worth it…i've seen your video's of the trails 😀

singlespeedstu

.i've seen your video's of the trails

What you haven't seen though is the cakes. 8)

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

nickegg, sometimes you get what you pay for.

nickegg
    Free Member

Erm yes thats true….I wasn't knocking them. Merely saying that, for us at least, it'll be a while before we can afford a week there.

Most of my family are Swiss and i know the cost of living is high. That is clearly reflected in their prices. It's obviously worth it though.

walleater

I've just remembered 'some drunken people' pissing over the balcony railings in 2006, but one person having to open the gate as he wasn't tall enough 😆

Ummm….but yeah, awesome riding / hosts etc….

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Big thumbs up for Bike Verbier’ is closed to new replies.