Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Big storm due again friday,the west side of wales and england
  • project
    Free Member

Very high tides second highest for wales in a long time, high river levels and high winds all forecast, local council out tonight putting out bollards to block roads to idiots who drive theough deep water.

High tide tomorow from about 08.00 till 12.00 hrs from south wales to Wirral.

jam-bo

Bit windy in Devon tonight. 15 miles inland and 100m above sea level so not too concerned…

wiggles
    Free Member

My mate who lives about 10 mins away(lives a few hundred meters froke the sea wall)has been told to evacuate in the morning because of the tide.

Hopefully just precautionary and won’t be too bad :/

sharkbait
    Free Member

Eldest daughter is supposed to be at rowing practice on the Dee tomorrow from 12-3….. not sure that’s going to be on!!

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Does this mean that this weekend will be a complete washout when it comes to riding in Wales?

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’re heading off to Wales for a long weekend. Somewhere west of Hereford. Indoor activities seem to be at the forefront of the plans 🙄

valleydaddy
    Free Member

😯 check this map out, lot of potential for extreme flooding 😯

Glad I live up the Valley

http://maps.environment-agency.gov.uk/wiyby/mapFromCMSCodes?topic=fwa&lang=_e&codes=103FWTt03&layerGroup=1

wrightyson
    Free Member

My worry is the wife and kids are going up tomorrow with the outlaws and I’m joining them Saturday afternoon as my bezy mate flies back to oz Monday and its our last chance to catch up. Just hope no rash decisions are made on the journey there!
    We’re staying in a place called Presteigne (Spelling?) seen Theres the odd river knocking about but no idea of its actual location?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

No chance of flooding here but I was blown across the top of the Peaks from Cressbrook back to Bradwell in no time on the bike, soaked to the skin in seconds but a bit of a larf.
    Hope everyone by the coast is ok, looks like a rough few days coming up.

tomaso
    Free Member

Thinking of rearranging my Sunday ride to stay lower down as its going to be pretty windy! A bit disappointed but hey ho safety first and all that :mrgreen:

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The fishing off the coast should be good after it’s calmed down though. 😕

jam-bo

A bit breezy this morning but the sky doesn’t appear to have fallen in yet…

jam-bo

Spoke too soon, mental hail storm..

Trekster

Rain, hail, thunder and howling gale here in Dumfries woke me up @ 4am!! Roads already blocked by Hgv accidents. River Nith likely to flood town yet again.
    Last week
    Working this weekend so will only get wet biking to work or if I have to work outside 🙄

project
    Free Member

Wirral, Bright sunshine, no wind, dry, no rain etc, and high tide in about 35 minutes.and strangely no traffic outside.

tonyd

Lovely in the Thames Valley this morning, however it broke about 10 minutes ago with strong winds and a mahoosive cloud burst, seemingly out of nowhere. I can see the Thames from my desk and I’m sure it just came up about an inch 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Meh, it’ll be fine…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Big storm due again friday,the west side of wales and england’ is closed to new replies.