Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Big Sam and England
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Can see his influence already

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dreadful.

jimmy

Turned on in the 94th minute. Great game!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That was dire.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Attempting to paper over the cracks.. Except there is nowhere enough paper..

bigdaddy

Same shit different manager!

johndoh
    Free Member

One player called Dyer, another ten were also dire.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Did anyone genuinely expect there to be a change so soon?
    No wonder people don’t want the job. 🙄

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Worth not a single penny

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Did anyone genuinely expect there to be a change so soon?

what can actually change though

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Play well, be entertaining to watch?

john_drummer
    Free Member

i gave up at half time. The Premier League may or may not be the best league in the world but the best players are most definitely not English.

Northwind

It’s almost like the manager wasn’t the team’s only problem, and him leaving won’t instantly bring about a golden age.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s Dier btw. Clean sheet, 3 points away from home, what’s the problem? No easy games in international football

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

what can actually change though

Mental attitude which is supposed to be Big Sam’s strong point. Didn’t he explain why there were so few changes?
    I’m happy if they continue being crap.

Northwind

shortbread_fanylion – Member

No easy games in international football

You won’t be saying that next time you play Scotland

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Malta away looks pretty easy to be fair!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Allardyce and England are a perfect match. The team and manager are of the same ability, and have a history of not winning stuff.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Just like Woy then!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Walcott was hilarious. What a touch he has

Junkyard
    Free Member

how can you say that?they won the world cup you know

i forget what year as they hardly ever mention it.

Essentially the team lack a creative world class player but a Bale or a Ronaldo or similar in there and you have a world class team
    As it is they are good enough to dominate teams and not good enough to break them down

dragon
    Free Member

Good to see that big Sam’s genius idea is to pick Rooney as captain and let him play where ever he wants, how novel! The guy is probably getting paid around £1M a year to come up with that kind of critical thinking and tactics 🙄

Maybe England could bring back the plan Scotland used at the 1958 World Cup where the SFA saved money by not taking a manager and letting the players sort it out!

sierrakilo
    Free Member

Mike Bassett = Fat Sam

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why would anyone watch ? It was always going to be the same old England. Sam hasn’t had enough time to change anything. At least we scored at the end.

The guy is probably getting paid around £1M a year

£3m+ I think

edhornby

Big Sam ‘can’t tell rooney where to play because he’s got more international experience than me’

flashpaul
    Free Member

Barn door lallana scored , big Sam is a genius

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not seen it but reaction as expected, he gave his post match interview about a draw being a good result before the game. Slovakia just tried to oblige

muggomagic

I’ve little doubt that things will be no different under his management than they were under Capello and Hodgson (piss the qualifiers followed by a shambles of a tournament), but I think it’s a little harsh to be expecting a massive change in style when he’s had the players for a week.
    Plus it’s not exactly Allardyce’s style for his teams to be all out attack anyway, he’s always struck me as a very conservative manager who has kept those teams in the prem by setting them up to defend well and nicking a goal from a set piece or something. Lallana said in his post match interview that their team talk before the game was about keeping a clean sheet being the priority.
    We aren’t a great team, we have some potentially very good players in Stones, Alli, Rashford (maybe even Sterling if Pep continues to work his magic) but they aren’t there yet, so in the meantime we might have to settle for being difficult to beat and nicking a goal to win games.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

The players don’t care enough. They say they do, but when you watch the games they’re not chasing every ball or coming off at the end looking like they’ve worked hard for 90 mins. I think part of the problem is the England team is currently made up of a collection of players who we all think are the best, not who are playing well. I think a team of new players from some of the less fasionable prem clubs and from the Championship would have a better work ethic and would be play to keep their place in the next game. Rooney et al know they’ll be starting even when they’re not suited to the system or have not been playing well for their club.

Just look at the decision to take Wilshire to the Euros. Why take a player who has played almost no competitive football all season? Everyone seemed surprised when he wasn’t very good.

johndoh
    Free Member

Mike Bassett = Fat Sam

This, absolutely this. I have been thinking that since his appointment.

dragon
    Free Member

Can anyone think Alex Ferguson, LVG, Mourinho, Brian Clough etc. saying to a player, hey you know what play where ever you want.

No you can’t expect major changes from Sam in a month or so, but effectively giving in to player power straight away is a disgrace. And he could have picked you know, one or two different players, he could have given Drinkwater a run out or someone else instead of Joe Hart? and was Harry Kane the best choice when he has never scored at this point in the season ever.

martinhutch

This, absolutely this. I have been thinking that since his appointment.

I’m just waiting for Ron Benson and Tony Hedges to turn up on the team sheet. 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

As a Scotland fan can I just say, “loving the work so far Sam.” Does anybody know if all the England game are going to be on council telly? Would be nice to watch the auld enemies in HD rather than on a dodgy streamed free app.

136stu
    Free Member

Rooney is about 4 years past his best, he seems ponderous, has no reflex in front of goal and as a midfield general he is on a level somewhere below Beckham. Why cant these managers wake up and smell the coffee, drop him and move on, the world wont implode. He’s obviously got some skills, maybe like Kenny Craig!

Man Utd follower btw.

binners

I hate to end up agreeing with Glenn Hoddle but he could be on to something when he said, before Sams appointment, that it barely matters who the manager is, because the FA just isn’t fit for purpose, and the whole England set up is so completely dysfunctional that it all needs scrapping, sack the lot of them, and start from scratch again.

What absolutely baffles me is why anyone would pay good money to fly out and watch that shite? I wouldn’t even bother turning the telly on for an Engerland qualifier, as you know exactly what you’ll get. Its the same every single time

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Beckham was a midfield general?

As an aside, I used to sit next to midfield general at Arsenal games. True fact

johndoh
    Free Member

Not much use as a midfield general if he’s sat in the stands.

136stu
    Free Member

Beckham was a midfield general?

That was kind of my point.

True fact

As opposed to a false one?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As opposed to a false one?

Dad is that you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Big Sam and England’ is closed to new replies.