Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Big online retailers in the USA
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

Hello STW

As part of our effort to make geometrygeeks.bike pay for itself we’ve now got affiliate links on the site, i.e. where we beg folks to click a link and buy something; if they do so within a few weeks, and we’re the last such link they clicked, and they don’t return it, we get paid 1-4% of the ex VAT sale value… about 4-6 months later!

We’re now attracting about 25% of our audience from the USA so we want to link up with the biggest US retailers. Can anyone tell me who the CRC/Wiggle/Evans equivalents are in the US?

We’ve joined the Jenson and Competitive Cyclist affiliate programmes and so far (in 8 weeks) they’ve yielded a whopping $23 from 4,000 unique US visitors. Can’t help but think we could be doing better.

Bonus points for identifying the Canadian, Aussie and German equivalents too.

Cheers!

Bob

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m in Canada. I buy from CRC or Jenson when I buy mail order. Customs duty and the vagaries of delivery in a big, sparsely populated country combined with a good deal at my LBS mean I don’t do it very often though.

Jenson and Competitive are the big ones I think.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Cambria Bike Outfitters are one.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Is Nashbar still a big US retailer?

German equivalents

bike-discount.de?

honourablegeorge

bike-components.de
    hibike.de (hibike.com)
    bike24.de (bike24.com)
    r2-bike.de

Stevet1
    Free Member

Oh and re: you’re geometry geeks calculator, can you enter you’re preferred dims and see which frames match it or come closest?

robertgray05
    Free Member

Thanks, team.

@Stevet1: not yet. It’s one of our most-requested features, up with a visual comparison. We’re working towards it, with a lot of work behind the scenes on data quality both in the database to date and in ‘guiding’ users adding new bikes. We’ll get there.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I never thought I’d say this about a website but I think you need to make it a bit more obvious on the whole support us thing. I just visited your site for the first time and I was actively looking for the links (based on your above comments) and even then it took me a little while to see / find the links.

I’d put it at the top of the page next to geometries / bike fit as most people have no need to scroll down.

robertgray05
    Free Member

@sweaman2: thanks. Is it a British thing that we don’t want to be too forward?!

It’s a bit more in-your-face on the ‘compare’ page, logic being that by the time you’re there, you’re using the site as it’s meant to be used.

A lot of traffic arrives from google to an individual ‘bike’ page and we want to give folks useful info before begging for help!

RickDraper
    Free Member

Universal cycles.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Big online retailers in the USA’ is closed to new replies.