Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Big lads – what shorts do you wear?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Need some baggy shorts that are 40-42″ waist size and roomy round the thighs. Any suggestions?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was going to say a Prince Albert but you mean a different kind of big

thegreatape
    Free Member

Regrettably so 🙁

bullandbladder
    Free Member

You need some of these:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/polaris-am-500-repel-shorts-p283550?gclid=CLyJiPuA5cUCFQTHtAodQEgARQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I’ve had mine for a while now, they seem pretty well put together, plenty baggy even on my mighty hams, and below the knee which I like. Best shorts I’ve ever found.

MSP

Pearl izumi x-alp

Fat-boy-fat

Endura Humvee. Well sorted for big lads.

pacerc200
    Free Member

Agree with the Polaris recommendation from go outdoors above teamed up with Polaris bibs underneath. Humvees are a wee bit neat when you get up to 40ish waist.

Tracey

Scott baggies from Start Cycles sale come in big sizes and all below £30 in the sale. You can usually find a discount voucher to get further reductions

mrmoofo

Pearl Izumi stuff – xxl / xxxl will fit (actually xxxl will be too big). They do real sizing not the sizing Endura use ….

ratadog

Ground effect in NZ now do some of their stuff in a larger size and if they won’t do then aerotechdesigns in the US.

hatter

Another vote for Pearl Izumi XXL’s

MoreCashThanDash

Polaris as above over bibs from Fat Lad at the Back.

loddrik
    Free Member

Altura Flexx, get a size down from what you normally wear as they come up huge. Most comfortable shorts I’ve ever had.

Hummvees as back up.

bigblackshed

Older Endura Zymes are my go to shorts. Humvees have too many pockets for on the bike for me, although I live in a pair of Humvee trousers.

I’ve got a pair of Shimano XT branded shorts that are thinner and stretchier and are perfect for summer.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks, will have a gander at all those.

wiggles
    Free Member

Endura humvees or if you want something nicer then some sweet protection hunters, I’m XL in most shorts but large in those so xl should fit you fine.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m after something tough and hard wearing most of all – which I probably should have said in my first post.

ton

humvees and zymes here. 40” waist.

also use northface short, which are good.

dpfr

Race Face Ambush- comfortable and tough as old boots

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Might have just the thing for you.

Pearl Izumi Launch shorts. I bought them on here, still brand new with their tags. Think I paid £30 for them. They are an XL, I thought they’d fit my 36-38 waist, but they are much bigger, closer to a 40,

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/clothing/shorts/baggy/product/review-pearl-izumi-launch-knicker-baggy-short-12-44913/

Happy to send them on a try em and see basis.

mcnultycop

Humvees with Planet X bibs.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/adult-3-4-length-trousers-500-id_8280056.html

I’ve got the predecessors to these…without the zipped pockets, but they easily go over my clycling shorts and add more than a modicum of modesty to my 50″ waist and no overheating issues.

Edric64
    Free Member

Are we talking big or fat ?

Edric64
    Free Member

I`m big 6ft 4, 16 stone, 34 waist

portlyone

Endura Hummvees +1

thegreatape
    Free Member

Peter – I’d definitely be interested, although the PI website suggests 35-36.5 for XL, but if you’re sure you don’t mind I’ll try them. I’ll drop you an email in the morning.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Are we talking big or fat ?

Probably a combination of the two – 42″ waist, 30″ inside leg, 30″ round the thighs, buttocks to match. Like a better looking Trevor Leota.

Edric64
    Free Member

Sounds good !!!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Peter – I’d definitely be interested, although the PI website suggests 35-36.5 for XL, but if you’re sure you don’t mind I’ll try them. I’ll drop you an email in the morning.

They are a lot bigger than that. Fire me an email with your postal address and I’ll get them to you.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Will do, cheers.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Big lads – what shorts do you wear?’ is closed to new replies.