Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Big hands = fat grips??
  • freeman
    Free Member

Ive got ‘ands like shovels and tend to suffer from hand cramp and fatigue a fair bit. Do fatter grips help? I’m currently holding on to a set of RF Diabolus lockons, which are quite thin compared to the likes of the Sunline Logo.

bikey
    Free Member

freeman: you should try some OURY grips. They are a bit hard to find in the UK as they are imported from the USA. They are much fatter than standard grips and alot of the US 24hr racers use them as they stop hand fatigue. I have got a couple of lock on versions on two of my bikes.

Matt

http://www.descent-gear.com/collections/grips/products/lock-on-grips

james
    Free Member

I had a set of raceface lock-ons and suffered hand cramp too. When they wore out (about 4 months) I bought some ODI Rogue inserts (raceface use ODI lockrings) and they helped no end. I never get hand cramp now.
    A year and half or so since I got them and they’ve barely worn down. Should be good for at least another year.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Lizard Skins Lock-on Northshore Grips

mboy
    Free Member

Another vote for ODI Rogues. I’ve not even got that large hands (slightly bigger than average I suppose, quite long fingers really) and I found they made a significant difference. My main problem was hand pump riding DH tracks all day long in the alps, I don’t suffer usually under XC riding, but they were definitely an effective solution.

Would like to try those thick Sunline grips though, they look mighty chunky!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I have hell with narrow grips, hands hurt so much. Oury’s work nicely for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve got big hands as well, and I swear by Intense DH Lock Ons. ODI clamps, as above, with a really nice design. Plus, they have a semi-flange. Surely the word flange is all you need to hear?

danceswithcats

I’ve been using ergon grips for two bikes now. If I were buying them now I wouldn’t bother with the bar ends built in but the flat part gives really good support.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I’ve used various grips and Oury are the biggest I’ve found.

I got the lock-on ones from Descent Gear.

Stoner
    Free Member

Oury grips now stocked by On-One for £10

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Oury.html

I have large hands and use Bontrager Big Earl Lockons. They’re not actually that big but I find them comfortable.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Sadly the lock-on ones are black only.

I quite fancied orange ones to match my bike.

GreenK
    Free Member

Another vote for Lizard Skins Northshore Lock-ons. I think they helped with my tennis elbow too

DezB
    Free Member

Oury lock-ons for me too.
    I do get on ok with my Salsa ones ok too if you don’t like fatties
    http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=hgsa-lo-jdf&PHPSESSID=0lfu59q4v5achjlr0ongmn2mj2
    The Salsas are the most comfortable I’ve found to use without gloves

mangoridebike

descent gear have the oury lock-ons in red and black. those colourful ones from onone look cool though – rainbow grips.

raceface good n evil grips are nice and chunky too – not lock on though

miketually
    Free Member

Oury grips now stocked by On-One for £10

I just got some of the subtle pink ones for my Solitude 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Slight hijack but do people find that the OURY grips help with numb hands which is what i suffer from. I’ve tried the Ergon spoon type ones and found that where as they do help a bit my hands still go numb after a while.

Cheers and sorry for the hijack 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Never had numb hands, but they do solve uncomfortable ones.

bigsi
    Free Member

cheers DezB

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Big hands = fat grips??’ is closed to new replies.