Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Big freeze photos
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

The Grauniad has a load of pics from the winter of 1962 when the Thames froze , here.

This one in particular made me laugh.

Jamie
    Free Member

There is something distinctly eerie about that picture.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I was about to get very cross and say “**** off, big freeze my arse” but since you’re not talking about this week and are refering to real snow, I’ll let you off.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cuckoo
    Free Member

I was about to get very cross and say “**** off, big freeze my arse” but since you’re not talking about this week and are refering to real snow, I’ll let you off.

+1

It seems that what was previously simply called winter is now sensationalised to “the big freeze”, “an ongoing weather nightmare” etc.

From what i’ve heard & read about winter 1962/63 these terms did genuinely apply.

mandog

That’s a big snow man seeing as there is such little snow on the ground and roof

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s a big snow man seeing as there is such little snow on the ground and roof

I think I can guess where all the snow on the ground went……

thekingisdead
    Free Member

It seems that what was previously simply called winter is now sensationalised to “the big freeze”, “an ongoing weather nightmare” etc.

24 hour media has a lot to answer for…

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

My granny and parents tells me about the snow reaching most of the way up telegraph poles in the bottom of valleys where there were drifts.

That’s a genuine excuse for the country shutting down.

Although, I think the milkman on skis shows that, really, there’s no need to stop at all!

pacemaker
    Free Member

is that a child on the right or a gnome?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Big freeze photos’ is closed to new replies.