Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Big flat grippy light pedals needed
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve got Wellgo MG-1s on my hardtail but I want something with a wider platform for my full suss, pedals I’m considering –

Penthouse Flats – heavy, expensive new, I’ve been offered some MK1s at a good price but aparrently they’re no longer making spares for them which is offputting.

Straitlines – expensive.

NC-17 Sudpin 3 S-Pro – Light, not massively expensive but not sure how big they are.

Davtus Oracle – Can’t find any reviews or info on these other than from the manufacturer, big platforms with a reasonable weight and pretty cheap, anyone know anything about Davtus?

Other pedals not so high up on my list – Azonic 420s, Tioga surefoot MX Pro and Shimano DX.

Anyone used these or got any other suggestions?

Please help before I maim myself on my beartraps. 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

They are very “Marmite” and expensive, but I am a great fan of Rivendell Grip-Kings.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I use DX on my bike and like them a lot with long pins. Cheap, reliable, light(ish).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poppa
    Free Member

I use some slightly more upmarket Wellgo’s I bought from CRC for £30 – they were lighter than anything similar from big brands, without resorting to magnesium/Ti etc.

Joxster
    Free Member

Kona pedals

flyingmonkeycorps

Gusset Slim Jims are worth a look, mag ones if you want light… They’re enough bigger than the MG1s to be comfy for me

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Shimano DX aren’t very wide.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mr_A, thanks for that link. Rivendell designed them, but they were not produced exclusively for Rivendell by MKS. I am delighted to see them in the UK at a very sensible price, you could not get them here when I bought mine and I got stung on exchange rates, international shipping and duty. They are lovely and work rather well with Merrell hiking shoes. 🙂

DeeW
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Straitlines for sale: the bright green lenosky models.

About 6months old. All pins intact and come with some spare pins.

Cosmetic marks / scratches, and some slight lateral play in the bushes which has been there pretty much since new: never notice it while pedalling.

£60 posted?

Dave

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Send me some pics please Dee to schrickvr6 at hotmail.com

Cheers all, keep those suggestions coming….

MrAgreeable

I’ve got a set of Straitlines for sale

I bought some around the same time for £40 in the CRC flood sale… hmmm. 😐

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Big flat grippy light pedals needed’ is closed to new replies.