Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Big days in the hills – Snowdonia.
  • .duncan
    Free Member

Planning to head over to Snowdon as per usual this time of year but was wondering if there are any other big days out to be had in North Wales / Snowdonia to make a weekend of it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Snowdon is a half day ! Cadr Idris same day, probably not possible at this time of year as days not long enough.

.duncan
    Free Member

When there are 15 of you it sure is a day! Mechanicals galore.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

There are quite a few really – including more than one good day on/around Snowdon. Llyn Cowlyd’s probably the best. But there’s some good days to be had in the North – above Conwy – and further south like Pont Scethin. Or even to the east to the Berwyn’s.
    Let me know if you’d like a guide for a day or two…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Park in the Marin car park.Do the Marin until Cffty Tube,cut across to Llyn Crafnant,across again to Geirionydd,bw down to Capel Cerig,over to Dolwyddelan,over (BIG climb) to Penmachno (join at end of loop2),back over to the Miners bridge via Sarn Helen,back on to the Marin just after the Dragons Back and pootle back to the car park.
    It’s 90k-ish and usually takes me 8-9hours (ride time).I’d class that as a big day out.

grum
    Free Member

Just registering an interest here.

BTW .duncan did you see my Torridon thread? 🙂

dunmail
    Free Member

How do you get 90Km for that loop? It’s around 40Km at most for the bits that aren’t the Marin Trail. I’m not saying it’s not a good loop, just that your estimation of distance is way out.

RustySpanner

If anyone is interested in a couple of routes around Snowdon, drop me a mail and I’ll let you have the details.
    Gonna be tomorrow night at the earliest though.

They’re a bit jey in places, but fun all the same and might give you some ideas.

Or if anyone else I’ve passed them onto is reading, perhaps you could oblige?

Rorschach
    Free Member

25k for the Marin,40k for the bits that are’nt,25k for Penmachno 1+2.Simples.
    You can always go right at Geirionydd to Llanrwst and loop round Colwyd if you’re feeling frisky.

RustySpanner

mtbguiding, if you’re who I think you are, been to Ty Powdr recently? 🙂

Duncan Lee’s brother in law btw.

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Don’t think I can be. Ty Powdyr is a club Hut I think but don’t think I have been there? And don’t think I know Duncan Lee but perhaps I’m just being forgetful, in which case apologies. Tom

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Big days in the hills – Snowdonia.’ is closed to new replies.