• This topic has 27 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JCL.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Big Brother is ****ing you
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

The laws infringing on our freedoms have been coming thick and fast of late…

Secret Courts, The Gagging Law and now this:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jan/31/secret-hearings-police-journalists-deregulation-bill

Why are they so desperate to clamp down?

What do they have to hide?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What is your name and the name of your contact here?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Not even joking, I actually find going to the dentist relaxing 8)

cinnamon_girl

Am on the mailing list for 38 degrees and, whilst I do get far too e-mails with petitions, they do get read and I sign if I agree. This was one that I agreed with.

I view politicians with utter contempt especially so the Eton Mafia.

shermer75
    Free Member

Is it safe?

shermer75
    Free Member

My understanding is that the Guardian has already had to hand over all the information that they got from Edward Snowden. Dark times!

samuri
    Free Member

Will journalists, you know, have to remember stuff now?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not sure that journalists should have a special power i dont have to just not provide information to the police when asked, then again much of this is public interest disclosure like Snowden, and is the state crushing individuals ability to speak out anonymously.

Mmmm who do I trust the most /least politicians , the police, the courts or journalists.

Its a tough call and a delicate balancing act but I doubt secrecy helps anyone other than the police/state tbh

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Think it’s got beyond the letter writing stage… 😐

How do all these infringements make you feel?

cinnamon_girl

Nope, second link has a template you can use to send to your surgery but do it before March.

I’ve even forwarded it to my adult kids although son is a Guardian reader anyway.

scuzz
    Free Member

Thanks cinnamon_girl, genuinely much appreciated.

barkm
    Free Member

with respect, the template is really poorly written, far too wordy, and nobody will read it.

Simply walk in or call the GP practice and instruct the receptionist accordingly. If you need an audit trail, write to them.
    To be fair, it does actually say that on the leaflet we have been sent.

cinnamon_girl

Leaflet amongst pizza delivery ones! Sneaky huh?

Audit trail? NHS don’t do that apparently. 😐

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Certainly the distribution of medical records for funds is questionable, however, secret courts demanding journalists destroy information has far more sinister implications; the investigative media is already far too constrained…

for example, why would the home secretary revoke a journalist with an unblemished record’s visa, when her attention to investigate Jersey became apparent?

Looking at the bigger picture, I can only imagine much of this is due to the unresolved whitewashing of systematic child abuse on Jersey, in which Jimmy Savile is heavily implicated… for some reason though, the subject doesn’t get much coverage in the UK mainstream media…

why?

CountZero

I view politicians with utter contempt especially so the Eton Mafia.

I have even more contempt for a party that supposedly exists to look after the working classes, but is crammed with career politicians who all went to posh public schools, then equally posh universities, guaranteed a fast-track job into politics. J’accuse Princess Tony, among many others gifted with an obscene sense of entitlement.
    ‘Labour’ Party? Don’t make me laugh, there isn’t a single one who would know a hard day’s work if it kicked him in the balls.
    Speaking of whom, contemptible little shit… 👿

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

In many respects, in this day and age, Party Politics is obsolete; almost a means of divide and conquer in itself…

throughout history, the majority of high ranking politicians have proven themselves to be self-promoting self-serving liars and the current government is no exception…

given the swathes of evidence to support a high ranking paedophile ring, why is it that so much media attention and police resources were focused on the comparatively tiny Plebgate?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMC1HxjpQu0[/video]

So, disregarding party politics for a moment…

Do you think organized paedophilia is tolerable?

footflaps

I have nothing against organised Pizza delivery?

CountZero

I’m convinced jivehoneyjive is kaesae’s new pseudonym…
    Such similar obsessions with spurious conspiracy bullshit.

marcus7
    Free Member

seriously, jive what sort of question is that?, do you really expect an answer?. you seem to imply that you want constructive debate then throw that in??. few people will take you seriously if you do this, to be honest I’ve gone way past taking you seriously. btw my answer is no, which is no real surprise is it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

secret courts demanding journalists destroy information has far more sinister implications

They have to hand them over to the police not destroy them.

Do you think organized paedophilia is tolerable?

Possibly the most redundant question we will ever read on here.

I have even more contempt for a party that supposedly exists to look after the working classes, but is crammed with career politicians who all went to posh public schools, then equally posh universities, guaranteed a fast-track job into politics

Do you hate them for caring or for betraying their class and helping?

Jersey links are interesting I shall read up on those
    Interesting stuff cheers….like a blind man firing a blunderbus you must hit something eventually 😉

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’m sorry to shove it down your throat, that is not my intention, however, I find the implications pretty upsetting, as I’m sure anyone sane would.

Such similar obsessions with spurious conspiracy bullshit.

Check the facts, then get back to me;

Leon Brittan, the Paedophile Information Exchange and the ‘missing’ dossier

the site in the link has a huge amount of archived material that certainly provides enough basis to warrant a great deal of further investigation by the authorities… not sure about you, but I would certainly consider this of a great deal more importance than plebgate.

As for the Jersey thing, Jimmy Savile actually tried to sue the Sun when the story 1st broke of investigations into Haut de la Garenne in 2008, only to retract his case when a photo showing he was there surfaced.

Leah McGrath Goodman is writing an ongoing series on Jersey in Newsweek, after she was finally granted a visa following the intervention of MP John Hemming.

cinnamon_girl

For a Society that professes ‘transparency’,there’s an awful lot that’s deliberately hidden from public view.

We have to challenge and not take no for an answer. Decency and morality should be paramount but they’re not. I’ve got a couple of things on the go, it’s stressful and a quiet life could be enjoyed if I turned a blind eye. But I won’t and will continue to be a thorn in the side of those concerned.

Make use of 38 degrees and the other one whose name escapes me. It can help, if enough people opened their eyes.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

That’s the spirit!!

Avaaz and Change.org are like 38 degrees, but global

The extent of child abuse has truly shocking implications and it seems they are doing their damnedest to bury it for fear of the PR fallout on the whole system, from the Childrens Homes, the Police, the Intelligence services, MPs and even members of the Royal Household.

This soundbite is Ken Livingstone discussing orchestrated abuse overseen by the intelligence services in Kincora, an Irish Care home.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest the same went on in a number of locations across the UK, including Elm Guest House

(I daresay many folks are already aware of the case, but if not, google ‘Elm Guest House’)

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Thoughts from the hive?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANXSBdKaoqI&[/video]

allthegear
    Free Member

As the size of the Police forces are reduced and their ability to control large crowds is severely impacted, what do you think they should use instead of NLWs like water cannons? Rubber bullets?

The Austerity measures mentioned in the video report above are not the one that bring the crowds to the streets, they are the one that reduce the Police’s ability to react with overwhelming force. Ideally, there will always be no question that the Police can handle any reasonable situation. This is being diminished and they need to look to NLWs as a way of maintaining their overall capability with less money for actual Police bodies..

Rachel

6079smithw
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive – Member

The extent of child abuse has truly shocking implications

As you said, it goes right to the top. Absolutely disgusting.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQGavtZ_0U[/video]

As for water cannons, terrible idea. Most supposed riots are kicked off by undercover cops being agent provocateurs anyway.

JCL
    Free Member

Check this friendly bobby defending corporate interests, sorry, keeping law and order…

http://www.storyleak.com/uk-cop-caught-framing-innocent-protester-camera/

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Big Brother is ****ing you’ is closed to new replies.