Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • Big Bike Bash meeting tomorrow – What extra stuff do you want
  • juan
    Free Member

I see that the website have a very nice list of sponsors. Will I be able to buy some stuff from the sponsors at the event?

MrNutt
    Free Member

the racket I'll be making sounds a lot like this http://www.myspace.com/oldghostsuk I'll bring an assistant with plenty of painkillers, earplugs and razorblades for when the other two run out 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Will there be a special 'Arguing' section/event for STWers?

OMG! Amazing idea! A debating competition sponsored by STW!

Please please please please please!!

EDIT: but only if TJ is there.

nacho
    Free Member

Hi BBB, the event sounds really good ( bikes, ale festival and good for family:-) )and I have seen it mentioned on here before. I have 2 kids (1 & 3 years old) and I have the week off work. Do you know if we can come down in our camper for the week? Are there local trails? I guess I should contact Avon Tyrrell tomorrow………..

peteimpreza

Cannondale and whoever is in charge of their UK operation. They would then proceed to have a very one sided conversation about customer service.

On a more realistic note.

TORQ
    Superstar
    UK Bike Skills
    Cotic
    Singletrack Magazine
    Nextdaytyres
    Soreen
    Hope
    Exposure
    Shimano
    Clif Bars
    Fatface

backhander
    Free Member

Bigger toilets so fred doesn't have to sh1t in the bath.

peteimpreza

"Bigger toilets so fred doesn't have to sh1t in the bath."

Ahhh, somebody else who has not got a clue as to what happened last year.

backhander
    Free Member

whatever.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Will there be a special 'Arguing' section/event for STWers?

OMG! Amazing idea! A debating competition sponsored by STW!

Please please please please please!!

EDIT: but only if TJ is there.

Shame I'm in Holland. I can be a fairly vigorous when there are a lot of folk joining in an argument – I am a great mass debater

Keva
    Free Member

😆

DrP

Bigger toilets so fred doesn't have to sh1t in the bath….

Close, but not quite that grim…..

DrP

luke
    Free Member

Cannondale's UK base is only 30 minutes down the road, if anyone feels the need for a detour on route 😆

On a more serious note, The list of lager's will be changing, the Wooden Hand will remain but the Mean Time is off the list 😥
    Watch this space for the replacements, hopefully it won't be Skol

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

nacho – Yes, you canm come down early or stay later. Friday and Saturday nights are covered in the ticket price. The extra nights are booked direct with Avon Tyrrell. I know a few families who are doing similar.

There are various trails around the New Forest with varying degrees of legality. There is little to really challenge in terms of big descents or climbs but it is pretty and there are wild horses, cows and pigs wandering free.

It is actually a good place fora holiday in the NF as it is nice and central but close enough to Bournmouth for sand castles and ice creams on the beach or the rest of the coast for nicer, quieter beaches.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Sponsors – Some will be coming down with stands and stuff to sell, other are just giving us stuff to give away.

TORQ – Tick
    Superstar – Tick
    UK Bike Skills – Tick
    Cotic – I will chase them today
    Singletrack Magazine – Nothing so far (other then letting me spam their forum)
    Nextdaytyres – I will chase them today
    Soreen – Tick
    Hope – I will chase them today
    Exposure – Tick
    Shimano – Tick
    Clif Bars – I am sure you mean Eat Natural bars
    Fatface – I will chase them today

Keep bring on those suggestions. The more you ask for the more you will be dissapointed enjoy it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, as long as Soreen are there, who else do we need?

😀

And can I add to the list please?

Event Photographer – Tick 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Are there still tickets? And is there uber-flat family trailer-friendly riding in the New Forest?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

molgrips – There are still tickets. There is uber-flat family trailer-friendly riding in the New Forest. In fact there is a Trailer Bike Challenge as an event at the Big Bike Bash as well as a push along bike race where we provide the bikes.

There is also some more exciting riding for people without trailers.

robdob
    Free Member

Cake stall?

Podium for people to stand on who have brought inappropriate bikes? (or is that just for me?)

Any local bike shops attending for spares/tyre arguing?

Oooooh, ice cream? Gotta have ice cream.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Ice cream – Tick
    Re-enforced podium – Tick
    Inappropriate bikes? I am the only rigid fixie in the village

DezB
    Free Member

Same ice cream seller as last year? 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

Its going to be Good 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

When I say trailer I mean actual trailer, not tag-along. But trailer racing would be a laugh however I am not using my real kid 🙂

Re inappropriate bikes, I can only offer my 7" travel Patriot, or my road bike.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Down boy! You have a smutty memory of the ice cream seller. I am trying to get the beer promoter girl back too. 😉

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

We had a trailer heat as part of the tag along race. It is actually called the Trailer bike challenge as I hadn't reaslised there was a distinction.

NextDayTyres wish us luck but have already committed to other charity events.

DezB
    Free Member

The ice cream lady got stung on the lip by a wasp. I offered to kiss it better, but she preferred a soothing ice lolly!

luke
    Free Member

A bike I knew there was something that I'm missing, my new bike won't be here by then and I've sold my old bike already.
    Time to pay a trip to the tip me thinks.

robdob
    Free Member

Offering that sort of service will get you a reputation, sir. 😉

Reinforced podium? Hey, it's not fat, it's downhillers ballast….. :-/

DezB
    Free Member

Big Bike Bash? With my reputation? 🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Cotic can't make it down but Cy has offered to send some 'stuff'. Top Bloke

If anyone else on here wants to send us stuff for the BBB then please do. It is all for charity.

Cheers

Nick

robdob
    Free Member

You sir, are a cad and a bounder!

Mind you, I bet she sold A LOT of ice creams!

molgrips
    Free Member

Luke I may be able to lend you a bike.

luke
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer, but I should be sorted for a bike now, thanks for the offer.

Muke
    Free Member

How about a bring your socket set and strip a blown Honda Interga engine type challenge 😉

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Damn tempting idea Muke – I found various metal shavings stuck in the oil when I removed the sump. Not ideal

singletrackmind

Erdinger or Staropramen lagers

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I will propose those lagers to 'Luke – Director of Beer'

luke
    Free Member

I'm still trying to work something out on the lager front, but your suggestions have been noted, incase things don't go to plan.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Erdinger ftw. Can I bring my stereo and play indescribably bizzare music to people at serious volumes?

DT78
    Free Member

Sadly I'm getting married that weekend. And yes I did ask, but she veto'd (and so it begins…..)

Have fun chaps.

luke
    Free Member

Depending on the location of your wedding, you could get away early intime for the night race, and start your honeymoon in the new forest.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash meeting tomorrow – What extra stuff do you want’ is closed to new replies.