Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Big Bike Bash Info
  • rOcKeTdOg

what would be provided I mean I cant do with just rocket dog and peterpoddy I need more than that

i'm not doing sloppy seconds

Clink

Thanks

coopersport1
    Free Member

Oh great no dogs then no event for me anyone want 2 tickets!
    Anyway kids at 1p is great, unfortunately mine are 13 and 17 so that's 20quid each!

Are we sure about no dogs? Just checked website and there's no mention of it?

peteimpreza

Yay no dogs!!

coopersport1
    Free Member

Yay no dogs!!

Don't worry i'll be taking a few bags of fresh doo doo just to put under your tyres, with an extra sloppy one for your tent. Vindaloo for my 2 snappers on Thurs night.

mandog

Can someone give me some 240v power so that I can inflate my blow up matresses (and dolls).

I grabbed what I thought was an inverter today but it turned out to be something else.

peteimpreza

Still yay no dogs and your back seat getting shat all over when you get turned back at the gate

coopersport1
    Free Member

I've got all the 240v power you'll ever need in my van, but if my dogs can't come then it won't be there! peteimpreza your card is marked! 😈

peteimpreza

ooooooohhhhhhhh get her and her poodles

handbags at dawn sweetie?

coopersport1
    Free Member

I can be quite scary but nothing on her in doors!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I'll have 240 power when I get there, which propbably won't be until late on friday.
    I'm the one taking the photographs along with a friend of mine & my better half if you'd all be so kind as to come along & part with some ££ for them, proceeds to the charity of choice of course.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i was a bit pi$$ed off at no dogs rule, had to make dog sitting arrangements. still should be good fun

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Paid for tickets online on 12th of August, still not arrived, has my postman nickend them?

Muke
    Free Member

Print a copy of your ticket payment and bring it with you.

coopersport1
    Free Member

i was a bit pi$$ed off at no dogs rule, had to make dog sitting arrangements. still should be good fun

Ok I am quite thick but where is this no dogs rule? Unless i'm blind (also possible) it's not on the BBB website.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Thank you!

Clink

I will be writing the info email this evening covering things like directions, where the nearest chemist is, site plan, approximate event schedule, nearest cash machines.

Has this gone out yet??

keyses2

I will be writing the info email this evening covering things like directions, where the nearest chemist is, site plan, approximate event schedule, nearest cash machines.

I've not had anything yet.

DezB
    Free Member

I definitely remember a "No dags" post from WCA a little while ago. Couldn't find it, but did find this
    (your guess is as good as mine that is is still relevant. I guess the man himself is busy!)

I will send out an update email soon but the plan currently looks like this for Saturday:

Sat 10:00 Drag Race Over 18
    Sat 10:30 Drag Race Under 18 Track Stand Over 18 Under 18 Over 7s
    Sat 11:00 Tractor Tyre Drag Track Stand Under 18 Slalom over 18 Under 18
    Sat 11:30 Tractor Tyre Drag Wheelie Over 18 Slalom over 18 Under 18 Under 7s
    Sat 12:00 Trailer Bike Race Wheelie Over 18 Bunny Hop over 18 Fun
    Sat 12:30 Trailer Bike Race Foot Down Over 18 Bunny Hop over 18 Fun
    Sat 13:00 Foot Down Under 18 Bike Limbo over 18 Fun
    Sat 13:30 Bike Limbo over 18 Race Whippets
    Sat 14:00 Race Whippets
    Sat 14:30 Drag Race Over 18 Slalom over 18 Race Whippets
    Sat 15:00 Drag Race Under 18 Track Stand Over 18 Slalom over 18 Race Whippets Lake Jump judging
    Sat 15:30 Tractor Tyre Drag Track Stand Under 18 Bunny Hop over 18 SS/Open Over 7s Trail Quest
    Sat 16:00 Tractor Tyre Drag Wheelie Over 18 Bunny Hop over 18 SS/Open
    Sat 16:30 Trailer Bike Race wheelie Under 18 Bike Limbo over 18 SS/Open Under 7s
    Sat 17:00 Trailer Bike Race Foot Down Over 18 Bike Limbo over 18 SS/Open
    Sat 17:30 Foot Down Under 18 Pleasure Loop
    Sat 18:00
    Sat 18:30 Pint to Pint

Clink

..so I presume the daytime xc race is on the Sunday??

DezB
    Free Member

Your guess is as good as mine 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

Just got my event information Email from WCA so check you inboxes people.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yep, got mine, looks like a very busy but fun weekend! Really looking foward to it. When's everyone else getting there?
    We're heading down tomorrow night

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Leaving Portsmouth at 5.30pm and bringing my little girl (2 and a half) its her first camping trip/festival. Anyone else bringing kids?

julianwilson
    Free Member

errrrr, chaos permitting we will be pitching up in the faaaaamily (really, you don't want our kids singing at you at half past five in the morning) campsite at about 2 or 3 pm.
    [edit] loubella, i am coming with my own 3 and 5 year old, and a friend is bringing 20 month and 3 year old. They will all be shouting and falling off balance bikes a lot.

Clink

Anyone else bringing kids?

We're bringing our 2, plus friends bringing theirs. They're not excited at all 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There are 50 under 12s FFS!!!!

I thought this was going to be a bunch of blokes in a field on their own. Never mind

What could possibly go wrong?

XC Sat and Sun and Night

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Yay, Phoebe will be so pleased to have some other kids to play with! Sadly our 4 year old son has to stay home with his Auntie over night as he is profoundly autistic and camping would freak him out, he cannot communicate/play with Pheebs at all, so whenever she sees other kids she is in her element. Its important for her to have time out from Joel now and again. Although Joel is coming for Saturday afternoon, we will see how he handles it all, its equally important that he gets to experience social events so he doesnt totally shut himself off.
    Is it cool for Phoebe to join in with her balance bike too?

Jason
    Free Member

We are there with our two (a 4 year old and 9 month old), plus camping with friends who both have a couple of slightly older kids too. Turning up some time early Friday evening.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone else bringing kids?

Of course.. My boy'll be there – he's a STW festival veteran!

WCA – can you just clear up a tiny bit of confusion which may arise about the campsites:
    If we've just bought BBB tickets, we're in the FREE campsite, right?
    Only those that have booked extra with Avon Tyrrell will be in the BBB campsite?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

FREE CAMPING WITH THE BBB TICKET

Pay more for the Avon Tyrrell camp site. The toilets and showers are closer.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Loubella- Not sure of any details so don't quote me butg : Avon Tyrrell do all sort of stuff for all sort of kids. phone ahead and peak to them, they may have some special stuff they can do.

No promises but they are an amazing bunch of people.

heckle1uk
    Free Member

hi guys we only have one camp site,direct booking with avon tyrol is for b and b in manor house or chalet type lodges cheers steve

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Good morning. Hopefully everyone should have recieved their emails by now. If you haven't email me and I will try to forward it on to you, not sure how that will work from my phone but if nothing arrives just turn up and head for the admin tent.

Cheers

Nick

Cooper – I am genuinly sorry about the No Dogs policy. It is not something I thought to mention because in my naivety I thought that people would ask. In fact it was someone asking that made me confirm this with Avon Tyrrell and clarify the situation. There is also a no octopus and nor tiger policy I forgot to mention, elephants are under review.

Drac

Hope you all enjoy it and the weekend goes smooth for all involved in running it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Drac, it looks like it should be fun, IMO. We're off straight from work tonight and I'm really looking forewards to it now. 😀

I have to say that I know WCA has put his heart and soul (Not to mention a big wedge of his own cash, and remember he was made redundant this year) into organising this event. He's taken a chance on doing something a bit different and slogged his guts out to get it off the ground (As have a fair few others), in a Field of Dreams 'build it and they will come' style.
    He deserves every success with it
    😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Pete – I am happy to take all the credit, and I will*.

*There are others who have helped but will remain nameless until after the event. Some of you will know them, the rest can probably read about them in some of the magazines and news papers who are sending reporters or have asked for photos and a write up of the event.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oi!

You don't have the time to be browsing STW! Get down to the A.T. centre and get working!
    😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

43 emails since last night!

DezB
    Free Member

heckle1uk – Member
    hi guys we only have one camp site,direct booking with avon tyrol is for b and b in manor house or chalet type lodges cheers steve

That's what I thought…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash Info’ is closed to new replies.