Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Big Bike Bash 2013 – General Chat
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Straw bales booked, Ringwood and Tanglefoot beer to add to above, bands we know about – Gareth Icke, The Provokers, Second Ashborn, James Bartholomew, Danny Fontaine and the Horns of Fury, Endea plus might be others

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Hybrid6, vendetta band and Jade Middleton are some missed from the list 🙂

luke
    Free Member

Gutted i’m away at a wedding 😥

nacho
    Free Member

Really looking forward to it, been twice before but missed last years. Have a couple friends coming this year. My kids are 5 & 6, they remember BBB form 2 years ago and are excited to be going back. I might try the pint to pint this year 🙂
    Unbeatable family fun if you like bikes or ale IMHO. And I like both 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Riding with one of Hydrid6 tonight and he is looking forward to their slot on Friday night

6079smithw
    Free Member

I hear that Hybrid 6.0 are amazing and not to be missed! 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The guys I was riding with said much the same. Even had the same forum name as you, how spooky.

😉

ciderinsport
    Free Member

That’s it, I’m packed and ready to go!

The course building starts in the morning 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

CiderInSport – Sorry about the rain, I needed to get it out of the way before next weekend which will be sunny!

Clink

So..I’ve just read this year’s info – surely it can’t be true?!?

Lake jump and prize ceremony is on the Monday??!! 😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bank Holiday Monday.

When we only had two days for the event we found the individual events a bit crammed in with people having to miss one event to do another and people having to leave before the end of the prize giving. Adding the extra day should get around that problem.

If you want to go in the lake I am sure we can arrange a private dunking session for you

Clink

If you want to go in the lake I am sure we can arrange a private dunking session for you

Can you dunk me in beer/cider instead? 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You seem to manage that on your own!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Just before the rain started, the new, never been ridden section of the xc course was completed!

Now its raining here at Avon Tyrrell…

Oh well, might as well have a cider 🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Nice! The early build team have just had horse meat balls from a furniture store, with a nice chilli sauce, and we are consuming cider, with good music playing 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

Well done, looking forwards to enjoying it.

adi66
    Free Member

I’ll be there with the wife and kids+ my buddy’s who have travelled over from Dubai to come along 🙂

Can’t wait:-)

World lass accident: Should I have received my tickets / paperwork yet ?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Adi66 – when you paid, you’ll have got a confirmation, that’s your ticket!

theashnav
    Free Member

The coarse rides really well, The Dark Woods are at the start this year and extended which makes for better riding its 3.5 miles long so a bit longer than last year still loads of twisty rooty single tracks 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

twisty rooty single tracks

best bring my freeride bike along too then 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Have you Strava’d it yet?

theashnav
    Free Member

WCA YGM

theashnav
    Free Member

twisty rooty single tracks
    best bring my freeride bike along too then

Ridged singlespeed was ok – wanted to try it on the Fat Bike but due to a new faulty chainset it was not to be 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Any spaces left?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

molgrips – depends if you can type quicker than our webmaster. He was asked to close entiores earlier today I think but he may be busy at work Good luck 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/115660383436295169415/albums/5913830792987868209/5913830789488238066?authkey=CJPsnLT01pT_TQ

Can someone please make the picture of the trail appear, this copy of IE is so old it won’t let me

thomthumb
    Free Member

it looks like an angry gorilla

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Clock wise or anti clock wise I wonder

theashnav
    Free Member

Clock wise – it runs better that way

theashnav
    Free Member

Also have you notiched the new part that takes you back from the woods to just below the house and back off again – you can watch the start and walk up towards the house and see then again about 10 – 15 mins later 😀

qwerty
    Free Member

I see on the Avon Tyrell website that BBQs are permitted for campers. What about off the ground fire pits?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

it looks like an angry gorilla

More like a horny gorilla! 🙂

stof41
    Free Member

Can you park your car next to your tent? the missus is panicing about having to walk back n forth to the car all the time.

bentandbroken

When I dropped my son off at his cub camp I pointed across the site and said; “There’s a bike event somewhere over there next weekend.” I didn’t realise the course ran within circa 20 meters of where his tent was pitched!

PS – Once again it looks a great event, but as a (cheapskate) local I would prefer the (cheaper) option of staying at home and visiting for a day. Hope the forecast holds for you all, it does look like a cracking event 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

My daughter is asking if we’re leaving tomorrow, she’s done this everyday for the last week. 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bentandbroken – we don’t lock you in at night. Buy a ticket and visit each day.

Stof41 – we encourage you not to so we don’t lose half the campsite to cars. Having said that there are parking spaces around the campsite so it won’t be a long walk, a few hundred metres at worst, next to the tent at best.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would come but a ton is a bit pricey this time… 🙁

stof41
    Free Member

Cheers WCA. I wont tell her till we get there.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Molgrips – 3 days and 50 events for £50 as an adult, less for kids and we throw in a live music and beer festival. Cheap when compared to anything else. I was going to say any thing similar but there is nothing like the BBB.

What does it cost to do a gorrick? That is one race. I know you don’t need camping but we throw that in too. Think of it as a charity donation and it is even better.

I do hope to see you there but understand if you don’t make it.

Cheers

Nick

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Just had the guys from the southern xc series here, they like our course so much, they have scrapped their plans and using ours (with extra grassy bits to get the four miles in!)

8)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash 2013 – General Chat’ is closed to new replies.