• This topic has 31 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • big bike bash 2013
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

I know adverts shouldn’t really happen but…. it is a charity event so here go’s 🙂

Tickets are selling really quickly, and last year sold out, so get yours now! http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk

£100 for a family of four to camp in the new forest is really cheap – before you add all the mountain bike events, bands, and a beer festival!

Don’t miss out 🙂

Sandwich

When is this magnificent feast of cycling? 😉

Is this the start of the guerilla ad campaign?

singlecrack
    Free Member

You mean there is riding bikes at this beer festival ….???

ciderinsport
    Free Member

August bank holiday weekend, and no guerilla ad campaign – will be sold out before too long, so this is a one off heads up for the STW massif!

Muke
    Free Member

What was the big surprise for this years event that WCA couldn’t mention a while back or is it still secret ?

redstripe
    Free Member

I’m guessing it involves a Chinook

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wife has banned me from Chinooks after last time but maybe, just maybe, one of these :

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m in, Again. 😀

redstripe
    Free Member

Previous official photographer Mariann can’t be there this year sadly due to having babies, so another needed. This is some stuff from last year: http://www.mayafiddlerphotography.com/bbb

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

And if you need a reminder of how much fun it was there is this thread from the Forum of Truth : http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/big-bike-bash-thanks-for-your-support

ciderinsport
    Free Member

you mean there is riding bikes at this beer festival….???

Yes, as much as you want 😉

There is also superb beer (and cider, or I’m out) and other drinks for the ladies 🙂

Good music too! More bands than ever before!

Lots for the kids etc…

Enough now – I’m on holiday 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yes I remember the last couple of years up until the 8th pint of different ale ….then it all goes blank ……..and I’m home again …with a grumpy wife ..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I remember everything clearly until about 6pm on the Friday night. After that it was all a blur

velobrands
    Free Member

Hi Big Bike Bash, your website is coming up as a threat on AVG and won’t let me access it.

I’m trying to find the details of who to email as we are one of your sponsors but I seem to remember that your contact details have changed.

I will email the BBB address in your profile but hopefully you’re also keeping an eye on this thread.

Cheers Claire

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Thanks Claire

Mr Website is looking into it!

Looking forward to seeing you at this years bash 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you want to email me (email address in profile, I think) I will make sure it gets passed on to people who actually take responsibility for the BBB rather than just shouting about it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just checked out your website and wondered if you ever sponsor Isle Of Wight (IOW) events.

redstripe
    Free Member

or email me because I work at the venue and try to stop WCA off-loading it; bigbikebash at ukyouth dot org

DezB
    Free Member

What’s this rumour I hear of a rival festival at the same location?
    Just a rumour?

redstripe
    Free Member

Not a rumour, there is another cycling festival at the begining of August at Avon Tyrrell with bands, road rides off site, stuff on site etc. Called the Early Riser if you google it. Should be good too & a good booking for the venue but the BBB is pretty unique as we know and 100% of profit goes back in to the charity. I wouldn’t say pick one or the other, or why not do both, I am.

On another note, I hope everyone is following and supporting our charity’s UK Youth road team in the Tour series on ITV4…Trying to persuade them to come to BBB and see how good they are off road after a few sherberts

julianwilson
    Free Member

The ‘other’ festival seems to have no lake jump. pah. 😛

Actually it looks pretty promising. Especially if you get the BOGOF tickets this week, for out family (2 smallish kids) it would cost about the same as we have paid for the BBB.

Dunno about anyone else but I would love the 20 lap night race round Avon Tyrell and there seems to be plenty of other stuff going on that would eat into my drinking time 😉 Sadly Mrs wilson is already doing that spanky looking Ride London sportive that weekend so not this year. Will be interested to see how it goes anyway.

DezB
    Free Member

why not do both

Oh yeah, plenty of spare cash knocking around, why not indeed.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

20 laps 😆

And yes, big bike bash has exclusive rights to the lake jump 😉

mattbee

Doing both would be a bit pricey, I’m glad I stuck with BBB again this year. Proven event and having browsed the website for the early riser thingy it seems that there’s not actually that much going on apart from the night enduro, randonee and the shortcourse xc. At BBB I have the opportuity of far more events for my money. I’m happier some of my money to be going to the charity who own the site too, my ttendnce for 2 yers has in some small way paid for the trails and toilet blocks. Only thing that tempts me is Dodgy, but I do wonder how well they’ve weathered the years. Hope it doesn’t rain for early riser though, will be annoyed if the trails are mushed up for BBB.

redstripe
    Free Member

The Early Riser Festival is no longer happening so all the more reason to get tickets for the BBB at the end of August, cheers

velobrands
    Free Member

Avon Tyrell…YGM but I’ve not had a reply. Just checking you got it.

Cheers

Claire

qwerty
    Free Member

We had no reply to emails, eventually got through on the phone to book our extended BBB stay with A.T.

DezB
    Free Member

Indeed, phoning is best.

velobrands
    Free Member

Yep, Robin’s email isn’t working either! Hey ho, looks like a phone call.

LoCo
    Free Member

I’m definatly coming along, have mail the BBB team re. accomdation as van not converted properly yet so need to accomdate the wife and young children 😀 (what tyres for lake jumping?)

ciderinsport
    Free Member

My email is working again now!

robin@bigbikebash.co.uk

Loco – I will phone you in a mo 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Tidy Cheers 😀

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘big bike bash 2013’ is closed to new replies.