Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • big bashguards?
  • sonik
    Free Member

I’m having trouble finding a bashguard for a raceface triple chainset (largest is 44 teeth). Do they exist? I really do need to stop the gouging on my right calf…..its getting a bit of a mess!

singlespeedstu
    sonik
    Free Member

Nice one….a couple to check out there. Cheers

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve run a Salsa one for years.

DrP

BBG bashguards
    Cheap, light, strong….!

Running them on two bikes so far – got a trials one coming in the post….

DrP

DrP

Although, I see they do this as a guard too…. mental!

DrP

wwaswas

my right calf is hurting just looking at that DrP 🙁

sonik
    Free Member

Even the salsa makes my calf scream! the bbg guards look ok….gonna give them a try. cheers

bencooper
    Free Member

You can get completely smooth trouserguards – I’ve got loads of different sizes for folding bikes, recumbents and the like…

JoeG
    Free Member

Sonik – The Salsa one is not sharp at all; it won’t cut your leg. The “teeth” on it are at an obtuse angle (greater than 90 degrees) and are just enough to help it grip a log or whatever so that pedaling helps push your forward.

I’m surprised that the Dr P one is even legal for you in the UK…

househusband

I had the Blackspire one several years ago.. it isn’t light and the extra weight on the bike is noticeable. The BBG ones are very good VFM.

jedi

sonik, my lbs has a couple of big bash rings in . call paul at marshalls cycles 01707393322 i saw them yesterday

sonik
    Free Member

Cheers Jedi…….
    Took the 44 toothed ring off yesterday to see how ill go with just mid. and small rings……missed the lack of speed this resulted in! Looks like ill be putting it back on and getting the salsa or BBG.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘big bashguards?’ is closed to new replies.