Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Big Bang Theory
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Does anyone watch it? I think its really cleverly written…
    What bike would Sheldon ride….29er IMO with slicks for road use..

martinhutch

Sheldon doesn’t need or want a bike. He usually gets driven everywhere by Leonard and Penny.

fourbanger
    Free Member

29er? Chortle!
    Have you any idea of the drag coefficient of an upright bicycle?! Dear lord no. Sheldon would be on a recumbent. A trike as they’re more stable and therefore safer.

TooTall
    Free Member

Sheldon would never ride a bike. He doesn’t drive so he certainly wouldn’t use the lower laws of physics just to get about.

hels
    Free Member

Sheldon ride a 29er ?? He’s a geek, not a dork.

chvck
    Free Member

He’s buy a folding bike and then put it in someone elses car to be driven around.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for recumbent trike

They actualy have a prof from UCLA doing the physics stuff for the script (and Sheldon’s boards actualy show the working to a real problem through the series). And the actres playing Amy is actualy a neuroscientist!

jackthedog
    Free Member

29er? Chortle!
    Have you any idea of the drag coefficient of an upright bicycle?! Dear lord no. Sheldon would be on a recumbent. A trike as they’re more stable and therefore safer.

Excellent reply to the OP.

If you watched Breaking Bad you’ll no doubt have found Gale’s recumbent an excellent match for his character. Made me smile.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is it wrong that i find Penny the least attractive of the three main female characters?

soma_rich
    Free Member

If you watched Breaking Bad you’ll no doubt have found Gale’s recumbent an excellent match for his character. Made me smile.

I particularly liked that when it popped up in his lab notes book 🙂

cookeaa

And the actres playing Amy is actualy a neuroscientist!

Pah, hardly her greates achivement, she was Blossom in “Blossom”…

grievoustim
    Free Member

In an early episode they make a joke about the blossom actress being a neuroscientist now

My kids and I watch a lot of Big Bang!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmmm

Penny… 😉

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I watch Penny… are there other characters…

MussEd
    Free Member

You know, I think I’d maybe watch more of this show if it was broadcast a little more often. I mean, some stuff is on every flipping time you switch the telly on. Oh hang on…

FWIW I think Sheldon would be disgusted at you for starting this in the Bike Forum…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Teetosugars:

That’s cheating, she’s not in character.

portlyone

I heard it had an explosive start but once they expanded the characters it eventually fell into chaos.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Love it and I normally hate American sitcoms.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I’m a big fan! 🙂

Sheldon doesn’t seem to appreciate sports, or anything with risk…not sure he’d take to cycling!

svalgis
    Free Member

Cookie cutter sitcom shite.

🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member

Hmmm

Penny…

Indeed, although her back looks a bit odd in that picture. Shoopery afoot?

Besides, Bernadette is the thinking man’s Penny. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Besides, Bernadette is the thinking boob man’s Penny.

hels
    Free Member

Well I am sorry but as a fully signed up Sci Fi Nerd, this show is a long way from cookie cutter sitcom shite. There are TONS of in-jokes in the early series, which clearly sailed right over your head mr svalgis

And even better, cast members from Battlestar Galactica keep popping up. It doesn’t get better. But in the same way that Will and Grace should have been called Jack and Karen, this is the Sheldon and Amy show.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Probably my most hated programme, but that blonde girl is hot.

bigblackshed

I think it’s one of the most inspired pieces of TV to come out of the US. I’ve watched it right from the beginning. It ticks all of my nerd boxes.

TooTall
    Free Member

This and Justified are the best television in the last few years. My Name is Earl was king of the comedy before Big Bang.

It is ‘Friends with Brains’ but it certainly is only cookie cutter as far as the sets go – that and it being about people.

matther01
    Free Member

This is watched every night in my household…even though I’ve watched all episodes countless times…they all still make me laugh.

Penny was much hotter in the earlier episodes before she started gyming it.

There’s loads of characters from Roseanne too.

tymbian
    Free Member

The original ‘ theoretical ‘ question seems to of been mis-read some of the STWers. I know he gets driven everywhere. Q was..what would…?

Wonder if you could do a Cycling specific one. When I stopped racing BMX to buy a MTB I’d get the Mick ripped out of me because I was going to join the ‘ queers with gears ‘ 😀 . If I’m out on the bike with the bouncy bit on the front the lycra boys don’t wanna say hello ha ha. You gotta laugh. So for the cycling equialent you could have a gearing obsessed Bmxer, a singlespeeder, 29er fan with a Fat-bike in his Quiver and a weight obsessed, lycra clad, drop-bar loving racing snake.

Oh, and Penny..yes I would. She also plays the part she’s been given very well. I don’t think the show would be the same without Penny or Sheldon.

slackalice
    Free Member

Enjoyed here too. Scrubs is also good value. As was Northern Exposure. The US does produce some quality sitcoms.

hels
    Free Member

The US produces all the best Sitcoms !! Taxi, Cheers, Frasier, Roseanne, Seinfeld, need I go on.

What has team UK done since Fawlty Towers ??!! Allo Allo ???? Miranda ????

smiff
    Free Member

Yes the US does produce some great TV but

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs[/video]

is this it?

Last US comedy i really enjoyed was Parks and Recreation:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDHui1BZYA[/video]

About to start on BBC4 don’t miss it! 🙂

bigdean

Its good but its no futurama, the writers actually had a 2 day discussion on whether a planet with two suns could exist.

ampthill

It think its brilliant I love all the physics

Shame I’ve seen every episode

sallytaylor
    Free Member

Lol, Big Bang Theory made me love geeks 🙂

Underhill
    Free Member

Loving Parks & Recreation at the minute, just finished Season 3. Kind of tired of Big Bang Theory, it’s been on so much.

On the OPs question, recumbent sounds right, but it would be roboticised so he didn’t actually have to go out.

Pigface
    Free Member

It is simply brilliant IMO

jon1973
    Free Member

Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny. Penny.

BoardinBob

Painfully unfunny show. Up there with Two And A Half Men in the inexplicably popular stakes

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s hilarious.

Northwind

It can be good. It can be rubbish. Pacing always seems a bit broken (that episode up there with the laughter track removed makes it really obvious but it’s always a bit slow, like they’re reading their lines before saying them)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Big Bang Theory’ is closed to new replies.