Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Big American seminars/symposiums, set-up questions at the end of presentations?
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

I am on a panel and will give a presentation, I have just been asked, “what questions would you like at the end of your presentation?”

Is this normal? I have never done anything like this in America, if I wanted to include anything else I would have added it to my presentation so I dont really see the point.

druidh
    Free Member

It can be useful to have a couple of planted questions in the event that the audience doesn’t ask any. It must be a “peer pressure” thing because it’ll often open the floodgates if folk are being a wee bit reticent.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Is this normal? I have never done anything like this in America, if I wanted to include anything else I would have added it to my presentation so I dont really see the point.

Surely the whole point of a presentation is to give just enough info to interest the audience enough to ask follow up questions. I’ve always found it difficult choosing the key point and then getting all the info into a 20 mins slot.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Very common imo

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, very common in the US. Have spoken at several US events over the years and had the same thing. Think of it as a feeder question, just in case the audience don’t have any of their own! Even more prevalent in APAC where audiences don’t want to be seen raising their hands to ask a question at all!

theotherjonv

I’d like particularly obtuse ones please.

‘Would you wear a special harness to carry meat?’

soma_rich
    Free Member

theotherjonv, you’ve seen my presentation then? 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Suggestions:

What tires (American spelling!) for…?

Will I die if…?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Big American seminars/symposiums, set-up questions at the end of presentations?’ is closed to new replies.