Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Big 26 tyres? About 2.6"
  • chilled76
    Free Member

As above, what’s out there about 2.6″ reasonably light and fast rolling for a big tyre?

Attempting a semi 26+ build (full 3″ won’t for the forks in usong)

Need to run tubeless properly too.

Links to nice cheap moon on a stick tyres would be much appreciated 🙂

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Schwalbe generally seem to come out big and light for a 2.5. I don’t know the ins and outs of many particular models though.

I recently put a 24×3.00 Halo Contra on the front of my dick-around bike. The massive tread is good fun.

Northwind

Kenda did a 2.5 singleply nevegal that was actually genuinely 2.5, which makes it a maxxis 2.75 or a continental 2.3 or 7.41. It also worked really nicely as a rigid front tyre- a little flimsy but it was quite slow rebounding

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chilled76
    Free Member

From the above post does that mean continental come out large?

mmannerr

I have one 2.6″ Ardent sourced from a mate, rolls quite nicely and is pretty good tyre considering I really don’t like them in 2.4″ and 2.25″ formats. Conti Trail King in 2.4.” is bit wider and less tall on same rim though..

Northwind

chilled76 – Member

From the above post does that mean continental come out large?

Or small. You just never know. And just to add to confusion, a lot of the comments online are wrong- people say “the 2.4 trail king is huge” but it’s bang on 2.4, it just seems huge because people naturally compare them with other 2.4s which are so often undersize

loughor
    Free Member

Agree with Northwind re the Nevegal. I have a 2.35 Cedric Gracia tubeless jobby in 26″ flavour. It’s huge !

gribble
    Free Member

Where are 2.6 aredents available in 26 inch available? I can’t not see them online.

epicyclo

Dirt Wizards? You can get the exact inflated dimensions on Surly’s web site.

mmannerr

Sorry, no idea where the Ardent is from. Strange beast anyway, it has 2.6″ printed on the sidewall and the molded part of sidewall tells some other size….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Big 26 tyres? About 2.6"’ is closed to new replies.