Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Biffa rubbish lorry, Brizzle.
  • noteeth
    Free Member

When approaching a lane convergence (inbetween the Hatchet and the Academy, for those familiar with the area) upon which oncoming traffic – i.e not you – has priority, why not take the opportunity to slow down… instead of charging through there like a demented metal rhino on heat?

You utter wazzock. 👿

wallop

Oof!

mcnultycop

Speak to the company, they’ll take it seriously.

lightning
    Free Member

Why not report it, if there was identification on the lorry.

Not to the Police though, waste of time, but to the Council that it works for.

noteeth
    Free Member

Speak to the company

I will. What angered me was his bludy stupid speed. He was charging thru there, evidently with the intention of “making the gap” before any oncoming traffic appeared… which it did. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you’ve bin very calm over this. I don’t think it would be a waste of time contacting the company over this rubbish driving, as they will use all powers at their disposal to dump bad drivers.

Weasel
    Free Member

Jamie – I see what you did there! 😀

noteeth
    Free Member

I think you’ve bin very calm over this

I might skip the formalities, jamie – and tip the Polis off instead.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not to the Police though, waste of time, but to the Council that it works for.

Always report to the police, unreported stuff is exactly that, unreported. It hides the problem, even if no action is taken it’s another number in the column that shows what problems are out there.

allthepies
    Free Member

It stinks, the driver should be sacked and thrown out.

garage-dweller

Maybe you should recycle the route before disposing of the issue.

Report. For idiocy without immediate danger. I would start with the employer. For. More serious then the law as well.

zbonty

I reported a similar incident to a national auto windscreen company. The tosser squeezed past me (forced me to the gutter) at an island, then turned left (to their depot) about three metres later, having barely overtaken.

A letter to HQ, with a streetview image as they would’nt necessarily know the locale demonstrated the twatery. They seemed to take it seriously, so hopefully a chat ensued and the driving improved. I can only hope!

notlocal
    Free Member

I had the same car overtake me at speed whilst driving through 2 separate 30mph zones (on different mornings). Called 101 and was transferred directly to the emergency number. A follow up call from the local policing team took more details, before telling me they would be having a chat with the driver.

wallop

I don’t think Biffa collect waste for the Council, btw.

eddie11
    Free Member

Biffa will be regulated by the environment agency. Let them know.

steezysix
    Free Member

Also, how fast do you think he was going? Not sure if that road is in the new 20mph zone, but might make the police more interested if he was speeding as well as driving like a bell end?

cynic-al
    Free Member

might make the police more interested if he was speeding

Without proof,no.

starrman82
    Free Member

What Mcnultycop said, from experience most large organisations do take notice.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Biffa rubbish lorry, Brizzle.’ is closed to new replies.