Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Bidets – do people really use them?
  • dudeofdoom

Love bidets….do the normal wipe wiv paper then refresh in the bum hole bath..for ultimate freshness.

What’s not to like 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I must be a wrong ‘un. I love bidets. 🙂

mountainman

http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/toileting/toilets-with-integral-wash-and-dry-facility-1717-p/

how about one of these,first time use is an experience to behold.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

As a bloke…. I always find them very useful for a wee

wheelie

It’s good to have a clean gonga before cycling!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

flap_jack – Member
    We have one. Don’t use it for post-number-twos but fantastic to ensure the crack is freshly clean before donning cycle shorts (infections down there are nasty).

Lovely… 😡

ninfan
    Free Member

😯

daftvader
    Free Member

In addition to the bidet there was a tiny sink outside the toilet at an unusual height that had a blind around it

no beakers in this house then!!!!

tlr

We looked at a house to buy that had the toilet and bidet in separate rooms.

Across the landing from each other.

I never did figure out the protocol for that set up.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GL2FLa]WIPES[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Bidets are good for washing feet though, getting sand off for instance.
    I mean, you wash ya bum in a bidet then dry it on what exactly, copious quantities of bog roll, kitchen wipes, a towel (!) ?

Morrisons bot wipes for me!

Moses

Bidets, what’s not to like?
    Spare basin for when spouse is using the other.
    Spare urinal, easier to reach than the sink.
    Great for dumping grotty gritty clothes in after a ride without blocking the bath or basin
    Clean bottoms upon demand
    Post sex freshening, yes
    Chases clingons away!
    Ace for washing babies in!

I’m so pleased we have one.

mrsfry
    Free Member

You chaps do know that bidets are not self cleaning? So what ever residue the last person left will be the first residue shooting onto your bottom.

PS

If you haven’t expelled your poop completely when going to the loo, adjust your position on the toilet (i don’t be doing Yoga 🙄 )

[video]https://youtu.be/0WQaqeC_wME[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/gfosFx_DVNk[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

What’s the point then? Wiping works quite well I find…

@Ewan
    none, that’s why most of us don’t bother with them

On the Bangladeshi comment a lot of Middle East (& Muslim ?) countries have a pressure hose by the toilet instead of a bidet.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Weird things when you consider many ski resorts in Europe that have the no bowel, squat and shit in a hole in the floor type toilet. Okay, mostly in Italy 😉

Really difficult to use when wearing ski boots BTW !

rOcKeTdOg

Xylene
    Free Member

a tiny sink outside the toilet at an unusual height that had a blind around it

Nice a private urinal for the vertically challenged

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This is like watching 12 engineers screwing-in a lightbulb.

Good grief it’s not hard to understand. When you have had a sticky number two, you simply wipe your arse on the family pet then wash that in the bum-fountain.

DrJ

that bidets are not self cleaning? So what ever residue the last person left will be the first residue shooting onto your bottom.

Like a bath or a shower you mean?

Poop is not shooting anywhere. Unless your housemates stick the tap up their bum. In which case the problems are deeper than shooting poop.

sadexpunk

thanks ewan, was about to ask similar questions myself 🙂

ive used the ‘jetwash’ things in thailand and er…. quite enjoyed them but never knew how to properly use a bidet.

ive always assumed you just hover, press a button and a little jet shoots up like a drinks fountain and its just for a rinse. but then i think well how do you dry yourself after? surely toilet tissue just tears into loads of little pieces when wet and youd end up with little tissue balls stuck to your botty-fur? and surely a towel would be unhygienic for multi-use, and you wouldnt use a fresh towel every time someone went to the crapper……

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Yep. We use ours fro storing towels on.

Xylene
    Free Member

Whilst living in Thailand in the mid 2000s I had the misfortune to meet a rather obese American from Kentucky who carried around a sponge in his pocket for wiping his ass after taking a dump.

He claimed that he had picked this up from Asians who lived in America Koreans, Thais and Cambodians or so he claimed.

I was rather disturbed by the fact that this man kept a sponge in his pocket that had been used for cleansing himself.

The fact that the sponge was dry in his pocket also concerned me. I was unsure if he wet it before going to the toilet or afterwards. It must have meant that he had to at some point put it damp into his pocket.

Have you ever heard of anybody else doing this?

What is worse is I also remember him wiping his forehead with when he used to sit and sweat in his unairconned office.

A piece of foamy sponge much like one of those yellow scourers but it didn’t have any souring bit on it for obvious reasons.

gaidong
    Free Member

We had a bidet in the 80s but I was a kid so having a dirty ass was de rigeur. I was at a conference in Japan three years ago… or rather I should have been at a conference but was actually in my hotel, sat reading a book on the heated bog with a permanent stream of quite hot water doing its merry business, bliss. This one had a (hot) air stream for when I eventually decided to get up.

Moses

No wonder the Brits have a reputation for being filthy, if half of us don’t know how to use a bidet.

About drying: you don’t use paper. Post wash, one’s derriere is sparkly so the usual practice is to have special ittle bum towel for all to use. After all, it’s just family & friends who use it.

senorj

My mother had one installed in the 80’s. The fountain used to reach the ceiling.
    Oh ,how we laughed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Have you ever heard of anybody else doing this?

Yes the Romans, a very long time ago – they would use a sponge on a stick.

A Roman defecating whilst holding a sponge stick :

DrJ

Plus they had cameras in Roman times!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In the toilets.

They had no shame.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m surprised Quirrel. I live in Thailand and Thais use a bum gun. I never have but there’s one in every loo in our house and every one I’ve been to.

Long term ex-pats swear by them. I’ve had to turn ours off at the wall as my young boys love squirting each other with them! It was when the 2 year old drank from it I decided they had to be stopped!

sparkyrhino

No more Brown Crayon.Bonus!

Xylene
    Free Member

I’m surprised Quirrel. I live in Thailand and Thais use a bum gun. I never have but there’s one in every loo in our house and every one I’ve been to.

I’m still here, I assume the fat kentuckian is not, he was so obese he had little arms like a tyranosaurus rex.

I love my bum guns, although with the high pressure from the pump it can often lead to internal and external cleaning.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Bidets – do people really use them?’ is closed to new replies.